The Snootsworth AFCB Advent Calendar 2022

Ho Ho Ho my Yuletide chums!
What can I say my Cherries but to thank you all for your support and kind comments.
Today we come to our most important Advent Calendar window:
It’s Christmas Eve! :santa:
Let’s open our icy pane…
And yes, of course my dears, it is the traditional AFCB Nativity scene:

A8CD31B2-B5C5-41AE-B545-DB76D04E681D.jpeg

The stable this year is situated in a large ice hockey rink at a building site at Canford Magna Golf Club.
The innkeeper is Gary O’Neil who has finally been put in charge after a spell as assistant bar manager.
In the manger wrapped up in Junior Stanislas’s swaddling bandages lies our little saviour, Bill Foley. Joseph looks proudly on as he kisses his wife Mary and kisses the badge (yet again:)). Yes of course Joseph is played by Supa Fletch.
Mary is in fact one of our female stewards who has successfully checked the bags of all who have come to the stable and this means our Christmas scene is lit up by smuggled in flares

A shooting star flies high overhead, but hark that’s not a star, it’s Harry Kane’s penalty against France still travelling heavenward.
The three wise men follow this star. Two of them portrayed by Richard Hughes and Neill Blake are yet to arrive as they are still in negotiations to purchase frankincense and myrrh. They should be here in time for Easter (fingers crossed).
Our third wise man is Emiliano Marcondes, who after delivering his present of gold, hasn’t been seen again in any activity at the stable.

The little ass is played by Ryan Fraser who has travelled down from Newcastle but he seems to be looking to move to Southampton and disappears early.
The cows and sheep can’t make it as they are travelling by train and have been affected by the rail strike. There is, funnily enough, a black panther prowling around though.

The shepherds are mostly there but one of them is missing too, namely Scott Parker. He is apparently in a press conference saying that the shepherds this season are not good enough and that the club needs to spend some more money on better shepherds who would add strength in depth to the present sheep minding at the stable.

The choir this year is provided by the AFCB Ticket Office who of course manage to sing all the words of one carol to the tune of another.

And finally our angel appears to greet all and sundry with words of a miracle. It is of course David Brooks, and just the fact he appears to be on the verge of playing for us again is the most special Christmas gift of all!

Well chums, as ever, it has been a privilege doing the AFCB Advent Calendar.
The only thing I have left to do now is to come back tomorrow to wish you all a Merry Christmas.

:tophat:

Thank you your Lordship, this has been a veritable bright spot on here this December. The xg (expect guffaws ) has been of the scale : )

A big thank you from me Snooty; it wouldn't be Christmas without your calendar.

By the way, this'll make your Lordship jealous.

After Christmas lunch Mrs Ghost says we have Viscount Minty-Biscuit coming round for pudding.

Or something like that.....................................

;