The verdict

Waz afcb

Fans' Favourite
Not the worst result in the world if taken in isolation but the performance (not for the first time this season by any means) was dire. Teams who hang on to dear life for a point away at Millwall generally don’t get promoted. I’m not wetting the bed here I’m just being realistic, we’ve said numerous times this season “we won ugly it’s the three points that matter.” Unfortunately it is starting to become apparent that we are just an ‘ugly’ side to watch.
-tactically, if an opponent denies us the opportunity to win the ball in high areas with our high press then we rarely look like creating an awful lot bar the odd set piece. We looked fantastic against Swansea when they played right into our hands and win the ball in dangerous areas, when not allowed to do this we just see a lot of passive possession with very little creativity.
-defensively we simply cannot cope playing such a high line in the absence of Kelly. Mepham and Cahill got torn a new one tonight by Benik Afobe, that’s right, Benik Afobe. How are they going to cope when they have to chase back toward their own goal against an actual decent forward with pace? Diaz of Blackburn is going to have an absolute field day on Saturday, it’s going to be very ugly indeed if we insist on defending so high.
-expectations need to be readjusted among the fan base. I know you all scoff at the XG stats and claim that they don’t matter, but it is going to be very difficult to sustain a top two finish with performances at the level they are right now and it will catch up with us.

I cant believe you are so quick with another doom post, oh wait......

1. We arent playing Blackburn on Saturday

2. We had 6 first teamers missing today

3. A point at Millwall is a good result

4. We are on a 99 point run rate after 19 games, what the actual **************** do you want?

Not the worst result in the world if taken in isolation but the performance (not for the first time this season by any means) was dire. Teams who hang on to dear life for a point away at Millwall generally don’t get promoted. I’m not wetting the bed here I’m just being realistic, we’ve said numerous times this season “we won ugly it’s the three points that matter.” Unfortunately it is starting to become apparent that we are just an ‘ugly’ side to watch.
-tactically, if an opponent denies us the opportunity to win the ball in high areas with our high press then we rarely look like creating an awful lot bar the odd set piece. We looked fantastic against Swansea when they played right into our hands and win the ball in dangerous areas, when not allowed to do this we just see a lot of passive possession with very little creativity.
-defensively we simply cannot cope playing such a high line in the absence of Kelly. Mepham and Cahill got torn a new one tonight by Benik Afobe, that’s right, Benik Afobe. How are they going to cope when they have to chase back toward their own goal against an actual decent forward with pace? Diaz of Blackburn is going to have an absolute field day on Saturday, it’s going to be very ugly indeed if we insist on defending so high.
-expectations need to be readjusted among the fan base. I know you all scoff at the XG stats and claim that they don’t matter, but it is going to be very difficult to sustain a top two finish with performances at the level they are right now and it will catch up with us.

A very well balanced report.

I cant believe you are so quick with another doom post, oh wait......

1. We arent playing Blackburn on Saturday

2. We had 6 first teamers missing today

3. A point at Millwall is a good result

4. We are on a 99 point run rate after 19 games, what the actual **************** do you want?
Players missing is not an excuse tbf....everyone is missing players.....how many teams have the squad depth we have?

Players missing is not an excuse tbf....everyone is missing players.....how many teams have the squad depth we have?
I dont care tbh.

Every team missing 3 of the first choice back 4, will find disruption.

Makes me laugh how people 'love' the championship because everyone can beat everyone, but when it happens to us, its because we arent good enough.

41 points from 19 games is outstanding.

;