The very Britishness of it!

Coughlin

Reserves
A new poster but not to the forum and my user name was in fact the first scorer of the first goal I saw at Dean Court in 1965.

On reflecting on the success of another PL campaign ( and be sure 40 points for a club of our size is success ) we should be proud that despite our ownership structure our success is down to a core management and playing team of British players, coaches and senior management. Our players truly play as a team, for each other and for the club. Eddie & Jason lead a team they know and trust and have assembled themselves, and off field Messrs Mostyn & Blake seem to have AFCB deep in their DNA. Congrats with so many clubs we have passed on the way, most now in the Championship or lower.

If we can keep the core team and ethos intact through the summer 2017/18 could be seriously good.

...we are so lucky to be watching AFCB in these present times...some minor surgery to the squad needed over the summer but all in all we look quite healthy!

Fair point. The (unlikely?) Russian/American axis of co operation is the money behind our success. Happily low profile compared to say Fulham's American.

Always enjoy your posts Audenshaw

Fair point. The (unlikely?) Russian/American axis of co operation is the money behind our success. Happily low profile compared to say Fulham's American.

Always enjoy your posts Audenshaw

What a great season Denis had in 63/64 including a couple of memorable hat tricks. So strange that he didn't do much of note either before or after that.

LewSwimmin - 1/5/2017 12:15

What a great season Denis had in 63/64 including a couple of memorable hat tricks. So strange that he didn't do much of note either before or after that.

Strange perhaps but not unusual: see the Josh McQuiod thread ...

My first sighting of Denis C was in 1965 - looking back at hazy photos he was carrying a few pounds too much even for those days. Mind you he knew where the goal was.

The strong side of 62 - 64 was running out of steam by then and the next few years were pretty dire until Bondy came along....

Welcome to the board, it can be chaos at times and threads get changed from the original subject. :grin:

Think a good number of us on this board have grown up watching our club play in the lower divisions so appreciate our success more than say fans of certain sides who have always/nearly always been in the top flight.

Always thought the John Bond sides played exciting entertaining football in the old West Ham style.

Now we are really lucky to have a manager who is Boscombe/Bournemouth fan through and through and came through our youth team.

He and JT are a very good team, lets hope they take us even further playing the style of football that we are used to and entertain any neutrals watching on TV.

Some of the pundits said we couldn't get away with playing the AFCB style of football that brought us through the leagues, in the Premier League, our manager and assistant and the players have proved them wrong as we will be starting our third season in the PL in August.

We the fans and our club have had a bumpy ride over the years, but us the fans have seen our dream come true to see our team in the top flight.

billythekid - 1/5/2017 13:24

Welcome to the board, it can be chaos at times and threads get changed from the original subject. :grin:

Think a good number of us on this board have grown up watching our club play in the lower divisions so appreciate our success more than say fans of certain sides who have always/nearly always been in the top flight.

Always thought the John Bond sides played exciting entertaining football in the old West Ham style.

Now we are really lucky to have a manager who is Boscombe/Bournemouth fan through and through and came through our youth team.

He and JT are a very good team, lets hope they take us even further playing the style of football that we are used to and entertain any neutrals watching on TV.

Some of the pundits said we couldn't get away with playing the AFCB style of football that brought us through the leagues, in the Premier League, our manager and assistant and the players have proved them wrong as we will be starting our third season in the PL in August.

We the fans and our club have had a bumpy ride over the years, but us the fans have seen our dream come true to see our team in the top flight.

Funny how pundits see us re that style of football. Jason McAteer was moaning that at Anfield we were very defensive and was disappointed as he wanted to see a more attacking approach. Another pundit that night praised us for sticking with two up front away from home as well as retaining two wingers!

I know. Its funny how 'defensive' can really mean 'Pushed back' I didnt realise when watching the PL from afar that teams i thought parked the bus at Spurs and the like probably didnt mean too. They just couldn't get out their half! There were spells at Liverpool when we were hanging on, what are we supposed to do...chuck everyone forwards!

Welcome Coughlin!

Coughlin - 1/5/2017 13:22

My first sighting of Denis C was in 1965 - looking back at hazy photos he was carrying a few pounds too much even for those days. Mind you he knew where the goal was.

The strong side of 62 - 64 was running out of steam by then and the next few years were pretty dire until Bondy came along....

Welcome

I watched every game that year and would get autographs after each match and would watch them training during the school holidays. I remember Denis was a bit of a smoker like a few of the others.

I'd like to add that the American component of our ownership is from Chicago. We're always the most stable and agreeable because:

A. We sit to the west of the east coast a-holes, east of the west coast flakes, and north of the southern "traditionalists". We have to work with all these goofballs.
B. Our bloodstream is 20% of an Italian sausage/Italian beef combo sandwich, so we dare not get too upset lest our hearts will instantly explode!

table - 3/5/2017 22:05

Well, all that carrot must make it a healthy meal, right? : )

That's what I tell myself every time I eat one!

But the actual answer to that is that even the carrot isn't that healthy since that pepper/carrot/celery mixture is soaked in olive oil and other fatty material.

But it's so yummy.

I must say, it does look mouthwatering, especially to someone with a wife who has a fixation with healthy food ( so by proxy, I do ). It's one of the treats ( for me) going to Northern away days, pie, chips, mushy peas and gravy £2-50. I try to convince her, it's worth it just to see the look on my face as I devour it : )
Burnley was the best culinary experience this season, Liverpool second ( Bury black pudding ) : )

;