The wee turd.

I find the whole saga very sad, mainly because for some time Fraser was my favourite AFCB player. I found him very articulate, intelligent, and his play could be so explosive and dynamic. Combined with his diminutive stature, it was quite a combination.
That's why it was so bad seeing what he did that final season. There's a (very) old expression - corruptio optimi pessima - basically, when the best thing becomes corrupted, it becomes the worst thing. Fraser's complete crapitude hurts so much because he was such a good and key player before that.
And it's even worse because after the fact he demonstrated he still hadn't learned anything. Now, with all the headlines about him snubbing his own country, his reputation has been well-cemented.
I hope he wakes up one day and realize what he's become, and repents!

Karma catches up with people. Fraser has hardly set the premier league or Newcastle alight has he? If the next 6 months don’t go well for him he’ll find himself looking for another club, most probably in the championship.

I find the whole saga very sad, mainly because for some time Fraser was my favourite AFCB player. I found him very articulate, intelligent, and his play could be so explosive and dynamic. Combined with his diminutive stature, it was quite a combination.
That's why it was so bad seeing what he did that final season. There's a (very) old expression - corruptio optimi pessima - basically, when the best thing becomes corrupted, it becomes the worst thing. Fraser's complete crapitude hurts so much because he was such a good and key player before that.
And it's even worse because after the fact he demonstrated he still hadn't learned anything. Now, with all the headlines about him snubbing his own country, his reputation has been well-cemented.
I hope he wakes up one day and realize what he's become, and repents!

I really liked him too and actually sympathised when people slated him for not wanting to extend and wanting to go to Arsenal. The refusing to the short term extension at the end of the 2019-2020 relegation season was the final stab in the back. Didn't do him the slightest bit of good either, did it?

In Eddie's first days and weeks he will need to win the respect of the players. I don't think smoothing things over with Fraser will help that process.

He is not our problem any more... and has got himself into another relegation battle..and now with a manager that knows his potential tricks and who could virtually finish his career in the big time if he doesn't produce.
We are in a good place now, winning more than losing with a fully committed squad...and its now down to Newcastles fans to give abuse if its warranted up there...we have exhausted that and it serves no purpose for us now.
Buggered if I'm going waste any more emotion over the bloke and what happened...or regarding any of the others that switched off and let EH and fans down.

Obviously if he ever appears at DC in opposition he will get a verbal mauling from the terraces....can't deny our fans that pleasure...but I think getting overly personal can hurt his family which is not good.

The Premier League handled that whole Covid season awfully. They needed to show some leadership and say that all contracts ending on 30/06/2020 were automatically extended until the end of the season and then indemnify clubs/players against injuries.

Without Covid, Fraser would have played and maybe would have kept us up. By allowing players to pick and choose whether they wanted to sign a mini-extension they shafted the clubs.

He is not our problem any more... and has got himself into another relegation battle..and now with a manager that knows his potential tricks and who could virtually finish his career in the big time if he doesn't produce.
We are in a good place now, winning more than losing with a fully committed squad...and its now down to Newcastles fans to give abuse if its warranted up there...we have exhausted that and it serves no purpose for us now.
Buggered if I'm going waste any more emotion over the bloke and what happened...or regarding any of the others that switched off and let EH and fans down.

Obviously if he ever appears at DC in opposition he will get a verbal mauling from the terraces....can't deny our fans that pleasure...but I think getting overly personal can hurt his family which is not good.

A well reasoned and thoughtful response.

What have you done with Brian?!! You sir, are an imposter!! :)

Thing is though Ritchie is more of a natural left winger than left wing back. I think EH may prefer to play MR in Fraser's preferred position than RF.
I don't think that'll be the case, if he starts with both of them (don't see why he would when Saint-Maximin (spelling) is fit) history tells us Ritchie will be on the right, Fraser on the left. One consistent of EH was his love of an inverted winger. With the money that's come into Newcastle, I don't think there's much if a future for either Fraser or Ritchie past this season there.

The Premier League handled that whole Covid season awfully. They needed to show some leadership and say that all contracts ending on 30/06/2020 were automatically extended until the end of the season and then indemnify clubs/players against injuries.
There's absolutely no way the premier League would've had the power to do that. There's an agreement in place and, through no fault of the players, matches haven't been able to be played and they technically met the terms of their contracts. Any attempt to enforce something like this would've been absolutely slapped down at any sort of tribunal.

Just maybe going down and taking a review of how the club was being run will be more helpful in the long run. A case of one step back to take two steps forward.

Felt at the time the club were starting to drift and our asset of teamwork had been eroded. Relegation was strong medicine but it got us out of the mad house for a while and I thought 20/21 would have seen us go down in any case. Too early to judge Scott Parker but IF he gets us up this season then we resume the tv money flow for a bit longer with an overhauled squad; restored team ethos; and a better defensive structure to survive in the prem.

If that all happens then maybe we should thank fraser and the others who let us down in that final season !

Just maybe going down and taking a review of how the club was being run will be more helpful in the long run. A case of one step back to take two steps forward.

Felt at the time the club were starting to drift and our asset of teamwork had been eroded. Relegation was strong medicine but it got us out of the mad house for a while and I thought 20/21 would have seen us go down in any case. Too early to judge Scott Parker but IF he gets us up this season then we resume the tv money flow for a bit longer with an overhauled squad; restored team ethos; and a better defensive structure to survive in the prem.

If that all happens then maybe we should thank fraser and the others who let us down in that final season !

Every cloud and all:) I actually like the Championship but there would be no such thing as staying in our currently form if we stayed in the Championship. Either you get better or worse... you don't really stand still. Better for us to get better:) Wonder what the post-Cahill plan might be to maintain our stronger defence?

Without Covid, Fraser would have played and maybe would have kept us up. By allowing players to pick and choose whether they wanted to sign a mini-extension they shafted the clubs.

There's no legal basis to be able to forcibly extend someone's contract without their permission. Lawyers would have a field day with that one. The PL get a lot wrong but they had no power over that.

Potentially, they could look to include a clause for a future scenario which automatically extends contracts by the time a season is suspended whereupon it's part of the contract from the outset. However, I think that's a really difficult area as well and the clubs wouldn't want it as it could be a financial burden for them.

One other correction. Without Covid, Fraser may have been on the pitch but I doubt he would have played. That was the problem all season long.

Sadly Fraser is one of those people where the same stuff can issue from orifices at both ends of the body. Initially, as said above, he appeared articulate and really committed to AFCB, then the small amount of grey matter between his ears (plus, I suspect, outside influences) took control and it all went down the pan. A superb talent completely wasted.

A superb talent completely wasted.
I actually think talent wise, he absolutely maximised his talent in that one peak season in the PL. He has pace and can cross a ball, but otherwise in terms of skill, speed of thought, short passing, shooting etc. isn't great.

Very different to an Ibe type character, who probably has more natural talent but no application. With Fraser, once defenders sussed him out, he became pretty ineffective. Even if his attitude was spot on, I really doubt he'd be a top-half PL player, so think if he'd have got the move to Arsenal etc. in his peak it would have been very fortunate!

Last edited:
I actually think talent wise, he absolutely maximised his talent in that one peak season in the PL. He has pace and can cross a ball, but otherwise in terms of skill, speed of thought, short passing, shooting etc. isn't great.

Very different to an Ibe type character, who probably has more natural talent but no application. With Fraser, once defenders sussed him out, he became pretty ineffective. Even if his attitude was spot on, I really doubt he'd be a top-half PL player, so think if he'd have got the move to Arsenal etc. in his peak it would have been very fortunate!

His talent was driving at attackers at full pace knowing he was going to be taken out and winning free-kicks and penalties.

From what I’ve seen of him since summer 2019 is someone who doesn’t want to get hurt and so now he’s lost his main threat.

He was pretty good for half the season before as well. Seems like Steve Clarke has sussed him out, someone who is primarily out for his own interests ahead of the team's. For me, him not wanting to extend with us was fine; being annoyed that he wasn't allowed to leave the summer before he did was irrational but sort of understandable; not pulling his weight once this happened was poor and disrespectful to us fans, his team mates and Eddie but still sort of forgiveable. However, promising to put things right in the second part of the season and then refusing to temporarily extend in the midst of Covid and our relegation fight, instead, claiming he had no choice in case of injury was appalling. I find it hard to believe that EH is really okay with him. I suspect he's just avoiding direct conflict, trying to be professional and hoping to get the most out of Fraser by saying all is fine and he's delighted to work with him. Hope Eddie dumps Fraser when he no longer has any need for him. That would be poetic justice. His stock has dramatically fallen anyway, and he only has himself to blame.

Last edited by a moderator:
The world at large may now understand a little of what we had to put up with.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ser-not-in-scotland-plans-after-missing-games

[Steve] Clarke has revealed that he has not spoken with Fraser and has no apparent desire to do so. “He wasn’t involved through his own choice in the November games,” the manager said. “To be honest I don’t think we missed him..."

What goes around comes around. Lose lose for him really, Newcastle get relegated he’s in the championship with very little advertisement for a PL club to take him, no international football stage to showcase himself either. If Newcastle stay up then by August they’ll have signed a wealth of talent and he won’t get near the first team.

He’s obviously a few pennies short of a pound or just extremely poorly advised.

‘Lyndon Dykes came to play when his ankle was hanging off. He came and he tried a training session. He wanted to fly to Moldova just to watch. He joined us in Glasgow and took part in a training session and five minutes into the session you could see the boy was injured. But he didn’t want to admit it because he wanted to be part of the team and he wanted to play against Denmark. That’s the type of player I want.”

Perhaps Ryan should take this kind of approach

Last edited:

;