The wee turd.

I agree with pretty much all of this. Disappointment is my strongest emotion.

Yes, he does have only a business contract with us . However, morally he broke that contract for much of the season by not putting in his shift. In any other job he would have been given warnings and then shown the door.

By playing professional football, you have to care, not only for yourself, but for you team mates, about getting results and to some extent for the supporters.

The whole past 12 months has been very sad. Usually I wish players well when they leave us, but in this case, I am rather reluctant to do so.

Fraser isn't the Wee Man anymore, just another journeyman footballer.

You have to question, if someone can continue to make poor decision after poor decision and show the contempt to a manager and squad that you’d imagine after 8 years (and an incredible journey) has a pretty unique relationship with, then he’s going to feel even more isolated when he throws himself into the deep end of a shark tank elsewhere.

Hope the money is worth it Ryan.

Agree with Neil. Not that bothered about him not signing - I can understand him not taking the risk and players have to think of number 1 in these situations.

But... He's been shite this season so sod him.

annoyingly, I think he'll do pretty well at a bigger club. the logical part of my brain knows he's doing the "right" thing. the other part of my brain is hoping he starts for us first game, and breaks his leg. only a bit, nothing too major of course ;-)

I’m not sure defending him or attacking him are the right terms...

My disappointment with Ryan came from his lack of effort in the season. Had Brooks and Danjuma stayed fit I don’t think we would have seen much of him anyway. That bit it’s hard to forgive him for.

Im not so disappointed with this new bit as I kind of get it. His contract is finished now. He has decided not to sign a temporary new one because if he gets injured he may have no income post August. He is not a fan of the club he has a transactional business contract with us. I think most of us would put our families and livelihood first in this instance.
The specific context behind the situation which you have described is exactly why he had a moral obligation to repay his teammates and manager for letting them in the first half of the season. It’s quite obvious that he hasn’t put a shift in for the majority, and to just walk out now with us in the relegation zone when he is one of the reasons that we are where we are now shows his character. It’s all very well saying he has to protect his personal interests ect, but if you were in his position and made this decision and we were subsequently relegated, would you not surely feel some kind of guilt towards your teammates and the manager who always believed in you? I think that frankly he just doesn’t care about anyone aside from himself and that is why I and I’m sure plenty of others are fuming right now.

Gutted but not surprised. I don't have an issue with a player not signing a new contract, we could offer the world but sometimes people just need a change. I'm sure the majority of us have had a perfectly good job in the past but we've wanted something new. What sticks in the throat is not being willing to help the club, teammates and fans who have supported him over the last 7 years. Particularly when he's part of the reason we're where we are.

Some fantastic memories involving Fraser, and this doesn't tarnish them for me, it's the feeling going forward that's sour. I'm sure almost all of us would've wished him well and good luck if he'd have knuckled down and out a shift in for the whole season.

I personally cant see him being any more than a bit player or impact substitute if anybody like Arsenal or Spurs take him on. The move will no doubt make him an even richer man but surely a player wants to play...?

I think Ryan has been influenced by his money grabbing agent and his own ego. His performances this year have been poor to say the least. If I was a club thinking of taking on his contract I would think to myself could he do the same to us. It could be his downfall. Playing at a bigger club means you have to perform at your very best, something he didn't do for Bournemouth this past season. Or he will spend a lot of time sitting in the stands. He will not be a big fish anymore, he will be a minoe. I think he may regret his actions at Bournemouth.

I have no idea what is going on in the club or Ryan's head but I suspect that (should we survive) when he comes back to play us with another team he will not understand the reception he receives.

I have no idea what is going on in the club or Ryan's head but I suspect that (should we survive) when he comes back to play us with another team he will not understand the reception he receives.

lets hope we are in a position to be able to do that :utc:

The positive to be taken from all of this is that he won't be a dressing room distraction anymore. Cooky's comments post game (many months ago) were telling. Take the bad apple out and clear the air; get everyone on the same page and move forwards together.

You seem to be mixing your Shakespeare plays up here. But, since you did, let's run with it.

Puck was described as a hobgoblin and maybe this will become Fraser's Midsummer's Nightmare.

Indeed he was !
I was being a bit more lowbrow I’m afraid- that was the chant the actors shouted whenever Blackadder shouted “ Macbeth “ in the actors episode in Blackadder the Third .....

Could have left a legend, now will no doubt be boo'd if he plays at DC again. It's surprising to see him and other players all joking in training, I'm surprised more haven't put the boot in telling him to buck up or buck off.

;