The wee turd.

Couldn’t be more wrong. If he was a shrewd businessman he would have signed the contract we offered him 2 years ago (which includes a higher weekly wage than he’s supposedly got at Newcastle), whilst also insisting for a release clause of £20-30m. He would then have continued to put the effort in so that the likes of Arsenal and Spurs continued with their interest and put in the required bid. He would have signed for them on improved terms once more, whilst also getting a slice of the transfer fee.
He’s done himself out of millions by behaving the way he has, whilst also tarnishing his reputation (not just at AFCB but in football in general) and putting pay to his move to a top 6 club. Not to mention he’s now horribly out of both form and fitness.

Whichever way you look at it, he’s screwed himself over as well as us.

Yep, whatever happens Fraser will find himself in some football agent textbook as an example of what not to do.

I think that, at the end of the day Fraser is simply more of a shrewd businessman than many of his teammates. Yes, COVID probably affected his new salary, so in hindsight his refusal to sign a new contract looks like a mistake, but from a purely pragmatic, self-centered point of view, if you think you can get signed by a bigger club, then why risk injury?
If you view your football career as a means to earn as much money as possible before you retire, then he was just protecting his investment (himself) to maximize returns and minimize risks.
The reason we all hate this is that nobody wants to be treated simply as a means to an end, which is what Fraser has ultimately done with AFCB and the fans.
I don’t agree with that all. Fraser is no more of a shrewd businessman than I’m a nuclear physicist. It’s agents that call the shots, manipulate and play games, meddle with lives. There are plenty of good books on the subject, you should try reading one and then you’d get a better understanding of how this ‘game’ actually works and what goes on behind the scenes.

No.

The reason I, for one, hate this, is that the little scrote was pocketing his full wages from us whilst giving somewhere between 20%-40% effort.

It's nothing about protecting himself for his next move once his contract had run out, I personally don't care that he didn't re-sign after COVID lockdown.

If he had bothered to turn up for the first six months of the season we wouldn't have been in the bottom three coming out of lockdown.

As DJ says, it wasn't about the money for him, he lost over £3m in wages by not signing the contract we offered him. If he'd signed that, given his all to keep us up last season, and then been snapped up by a top 6 team, he'd have gone with our blessing and best wishes for a brilliant career at the top level.
Agree. The notion of him being a shrewd businessman is ludicrous. Compare to Callum who signed the contract and got the move anyway! The issue is that he is in reality, incredibly thick, bordering on deluded. He had one outstanding season and started to believe the hype. Some of the stuff he comes out with is simply ridiculous, in an interview yesterday he said that the move to Newcastle was in the works last season and that he ‘knew he was going there.’ Yeah, well why did you only just sign a week before the beginning of the season? I can only assume that he enjoys training on a park in Poole. And he reckons he would have made the difference to us surviving? What, like you did in the previous 29 games Ryan? After the way he’s behaved it’s completely moronic to come out with comments like that, haven’t you done enough damage already? I normally couldn’t give a toss how players do when they leave, but he has made it absolutely impossible not to dislike him. It’s like he had a personality transplant overnight, he used to seem like a completely different character.

First time I have seen this from SSN.

That is what I was thinking all along, he was waiting to see if C W was going there.

Sky Sports News reporter Keith Downie:

"A really big day for Newcastle with the capture of both Wilson and Fraser.

"Fraser flew up on Mike Ashley's private jet on Friday and met Steve Bruce and a few of the player.

"He took the weekend off to think about things. I'm told he was waiting to find out whether Callum Wilson would sign first before fully committing.

"It hasn't cost Newcastle any money but certainly a key signing and one of the main ones that Steve Bruce wanted to add in this window."

Can’t be right the BTK, he’s had this move lined up since lockdown according to him.

He’s been “working mentally” since March for this and choosing to train with Brad Smith and do sprint drills around dog shite was all part of the growing process.
It’s almost like he is lying and was actually waiting for a better offer to come along. But I’m sure that given what a level headed and decent guy he is that he wouldn’t possibly lie

Reactions: DJ
I think when hes says hes not being big headed but.... He is an absolute Turd as Simon Jordan says... Disrespectful to the club, fans, and more importantly to the players who took his place, and were prepared to play.

Couldn’t be more wrong. If he was a shrewd businessman he would have signed the contract we offered him 2 years ago (which includes a higher weekly wage than he’s supposedly got at Newcastle), whilst also insisting for a release clause of £20-30m. He would then have continued to put the effort in so that the likes of Arsenal and Spurs continued with their interest and put in the required bid. He would have signed for them on improved terms once more, whilst also getting a slice of the transfer fee.
He’s done himself out of millions by behaving the way he has, whilst also tarnishing his reputation (not just at AFCB but in football in general) and putting pay to his move to a top 6 club. Not to mention he’s now horribly out of both form and fitness.

Whichever way you look at it, he’s screwed himself over as well as us.
Don't think we really disagree, I was commenting more on his personality than his business acumen. Perhaps "mercenary" would be a better (although admittedly pejorative) word than "shrewd".
My point was that if you simply decide that personal finances trump everything else -- loyalty, friendship, human relationships, whatever -- then his behaviour makes sense in a perverse way. His total lack of remorse and repeated reference to in the interview to the need to look out for himself above all else suggests this is pretty close to what's been motivating him.
And yes, he was "using" the club, fans, etc. as a way to make money. It does look as if that is what was most important to him.
It's immaterial whether in hindsight he could have made more money by signing a new contract, my point is that what motivated him all along seems to have been money.

Can’t be right the BTK, he’s had this move lined up since lockdown according to him.

He’s been “working mentally” since March for this and choosing to train with Brad Smith and do sprint drills around dog shite was all part of the growing process.

I honestly think there's something not right about the lad, possibly depression. He seems to have a self-destruct element to his personality and has referenced his mental state a few times. I'm as annoyed with him as the next man but I do think there's more behind this than him being a selfish money grabber.

;