The world is a better place today.

Exactly my thoughts this morning. That winning feeling is magic.

I'm storming in with my agenda now.

Personally, I feel more down beat now than I did after Manchester City.

The disjointed poor performance of the Leicester City game rolled on to Burnley.

We have a manager that still prefers Ryan Christie with either one leg or just off his flu bed in any starting XI he picks.

The press at times was clueless. It was ugly football, couldn't string passes together and we altered our tactics to counter a far inferior Burnley side...

:fish:

I'm storming in with my agenda now.

Personally, I feel more down beat now than I did after Manchester City.

The disjointed poor performance of the Leicester City game rolled on to Burnley.

We have a manager that still prefers Ryan Christie with either one leg or just off his flu bed in any starting XI he picks.

The press at times was clueless. It was ugly football, couldn't string passes together and we altered our tactics to counter a far inferior Burnley side...

:fish:

:clap:

It's funny because you could pick two more perfect examples than the last two league games to illustrate the performance vs result argument.

I left the Man City game about as close to happy as it's possible to be after a defeat and yesterday was as ugly a win as you get... yet I still enjoyed the win more. Don't get me wrong it was a very tough watch in parts and I had a horrible feeling of dread throughout a lot of it but it was still more enjoyable than losing.

Then there's also the days after the game, to me football isn't just about enjoying the moment.

It's a great way to start the week and such a feel good factor despite the slightly wonky 'performance' - who cares, it's the points, the points :love:

The bigger picture is that we're one step closer to another PL season , the training ground getting completed, the investors being happy and possibly news on a new ground and all that malarky.

It's funny because you could pick two more perfect examples than the last two league games to illustrate the performance vs result argument.

I left the Man City game about as close to happy as it's possible to be after a defeat and yesterday was as ugly a win as you get... yet I still enjoyed the win more. Don't get me wrong it was a very tough watch in parts and I had a horrible feeling of dread throughout a lot of it but it was still more enjoyable than losing.

Then there's also the days after the game, to me football isn't just about enjoying the moment.
You forgot to wish us a good morning at the end.

To me it’s about frequency. Is winning ugly once ok… of course it is. Is losing thrillingly against the worlds best club side once ok… of course it is.

What football do you want to watch consistently. Ugly football that gets you ninth with more wins…. Thrilling football that gets you 15th with less wins.

I don’t have a problem with people that want either of those things because we all have different tastes. What’s odd is when one side refuse to accept the other side can exist, which is arrogance.

Winning yesterday was a massive relief, a confidence booster for fans and players. We all say there is no way we are going down etc etc but the longer you go without a win the more a bit of nervousness starts to creep in. When the second went in as I followed it at home I gave a big fist punch in the air as I really feel it was a huge win. Forget how we played, EH sometimes got us wins like that, the result was everything.

Getting better after a miserable few days. Just need that Bounty trio now!

Sorry Rob, after extensive searching of W.H.Smith's of Cherwell I can report there wasn't a single Bounty there, never mind three of them. Are they still being made? : )
What is an acceptable alternative? : )

To me it’s about frequency. Is winning ugly once ok… of course it is. Is losing thrillingly against the worlds best club side once ok… of course it is.

What football do you want to watch consistently. Ugly football that gets you ninth with more wins…. Thrilling football that gets you 15th with less wins.

I don’t have a problem with people that want either of those things because we all have different tastes. What’s odd is when one side refuse to accept the other side can exist, which is arrogance.

It doesn't really matter about 9th vs 15th but how many more wins. Pretty defeats are not enjoyable. If its six more wins then there is no question that I'd pick the higher points total. That's aside from the fact that only a couple of ours wins last season were dull 1-0s and one of those was against Liverpool.

so the league ceiling is now 9th?
make your mind up, last week it was 7th until someone pointed out 7th is a euro place

i'd take 7th with the most boring, winning football in the history of the game

;