Third kit

Guess they'll be wearing wellies with this kit?

Seriously, it's awful. Why a third kit anyway? Oh, of course, it's all about money. Here's an idea. Sell some shirts without the sponsor's logo.

Guess they'll be wearing wellies with this kit?

Seriously, it's awful. Why a third kit anyway? Oh, of course, it's all about money. Here's an idea. Sell some shirts without the sponsor's logo.
I agree it’s awful, but I highly doubt a 3rd kit is all about the money. Very few people buy multiple Bournemouth shirts, if you want a new one then you pick your favourite and buy it. I doubt there is much profit to be made on bringing out a 3rd kit.

Either way, a 3rd strip is a league requirement to ensure that clubs are always playing in their own kits - before 3rd kits were a thing you had the occasional game where you’d have to borrow the oppositions away kit as both your 1st and 2nd kits clashed with the oppositions home strip. Pretty sure we did this at Rotherham in the mid/late 90s.

I quite like the third kit. The way I see it, we use our traditional colors for the home, we have a nice away kit that is toned down, so we went outside the box and got creative for the third. Smart when you think about it.
Back of the Net did a twitter poll after the third kit was released and 62% responded "Bloody LOVE IT"

I don't like it, but as its a 3rd kit it won't really be seen a lot, and I'm pleased more people like it than not.

I'm not a fan of this kit, but went into the club shop on the way back to Sheffield to buy a set for my son, and to avoid postage. The shorts aren't available yet, but can be pre-ordered, so no saving for me. Mainly typing this to save anyone going to the shop if they were just going for the kit.

Going down very well with younger fans.!
I can magnanimously accept that this might well be the case and therefore accept Umbro’s reasoning. However my doubts about this kit’s practicality on the pitch remain. Probably ( I realise that I am making a massive assumption here ! ) something the kids are not too concerned about.
:unsure:
Unfortunately the term ‘form over function’ springs readily to my mind in this instance.

I have a green and black vertical striped replica shirt with the number 8 and MacDougall on the back from the early 70's but this third kit is awful.

It will be difficult for our physio to spot an injured player lying on the grass and it will turn Billing into a lookalike stick insect.

White is the best colour for picking out a team mate.

Last edited:
I have a green and black vertical striped replica shirt with the number 8 and MacDougall on the back from the early 70's but this third kit is awful.

It will be difficult for our physio to spot an injured playing lying on the grass and it will turn Billing into a lookalike stick insect.

White is the best colour for picking out a team mate.
There was quite a funny Twitter comment about being worried if Adam Smith plays. ;-)

;