This Saturday is different.

Got me wondering. Who is the greatest English manager of all time? Venables? Mee? Nicjolson

They were. But in my time they were 1-9 and then U for ungraded
Tough one. I guess Alf Ramsey is an obvious shout for the ultimate reason! Also for his outstanding club work establishing Ipswich. Managers that have achieved things abroad count high in my book (Venables and Robson) because they can’t rely on the magic of language motivation so must have been tactically astute.

Postscript.
I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Plenty of action and excitement.

I wasn’t sure if Eddie would walk around, if he hadn’t that would have been fine.
I’m glad that nothing happened pre match or during.
The end was how it should have been.
Perfect.

Eddie alone on the pitch as he was at Everton all that time ago. But this time there was a crowd. Singing and clapping as we’d done so many times before.
But this was different.
A chance to say thank you after all this time.

The appreciation and love was palpable.
Thanks Eddie.
Now go on and win the cup.
Then the league.

I really didn’t think we’d be able to share that moment with Eddie as we did. The draw on the pitch was probably the only result that would have enabled it.

He would have been very keen to tread the line to show respect to both sets of supporters. Whilst a visit to us is a one-off, he has new supporters who are starting to worship him and he wouldn’t have wanted to upset that.

As always, he walked the tightrope perfectly. Special memory to have shared that moment.

I really didn’t think we’d be able to share that moment with Eddie as we did. The draw on the pitch was probably the only result that would have enabled it.

He would have been very keen to tread the line to show respect to both sets of supporters. Whilst a visit to us is a one-off, he has new supporters who are starting to worship him and he wouldn’t have wanted to upset that.

As always, he walked the tightrope perfectly. Special memory to have shared that moment.
Yes it will go down as one of the top ten moments in this stadium for a lot of people I would imagine.

Interesting your thoughts on could this only happen with a draw as we had a raging debate about this in the pub after. I’m with you by the way. Others thought as it was the first visit he would have done on any result to same ovation. I said had they been 4-0 up a lot of people would still have gone on 80 mins We all agreed the draw was the best backdrop.

;