This weekend

watch Rugby lions give Stourbridge a cracking game of the old rugger, (you can stand outside and drink while watching a good game), then wobble home within 10 minutes, then be told to bugger off to bed as your legs seem to be taking you in the other direction to the rest of you,

Thought I might have a go at drug dealing in Boscombe.

Out and about in the fresh air, talking to people and making money at the same time.

What's not to like?

And I have the advantage of being white and thus picking up trade from racist drug addicts who don't want to deal with Somalians.

KBG - I don't normally get too serious about these subjects and only visit Bournemouth area a few times each year so for forgive my ignorance ..but if Somalians are doing drug dealing why isn't somebody doing something about it. bloody Somalians! Dont the English dealers fight back although I dont condone it at all? I know that in London its been Albanians and other immigrants running drugs, prostitutes and other stuff for years. But ' Somalians' in Boscombe jeez! I assume its Bournemouth too! I know Torquay is bad also. I despair at our daft country!

Friday night beer festival at Owls Nest, Parley. That means a quiet Saturday apart from walking the dog for a couple of hours.
If dry on Sunday a bit of garden clearance, the frogs have been very active in the pond last couple of days - loads of frog spawn, so means that spring isn't that far off.

Birdwatching on quiet Cornwall beaches, coves and moorland areas - egrets, sandpipers, lapwings, dippers, buzzards, kestrels, cormorants, chuffs further down the county, saw a hoopoe few years ago but never since, endless list, this time of year seems best. Me and missus not very knowledgeable on birds but its very satisfying if you have the time!

BillMcgarrycherry - 26/1/2018 10:20

Birdwatching on quiet Cornwall beaches, coves and moorland areas - egrets, sandpipers, lapwings, dippers, buzzards, kestrels, cormorants, chuffs further down the county, saw a hoopoe few years ago but never since, endless list, this time of year seems best. Me and missus not very knowledgeable on birds but its very satisfying if you have the time!

Birdwatching?

You'll fit right in here Bill.

Start a birding thread on here and people just come out of the woodwork. (or should that be hedgerow?)

Can't see the point of it myself, but a terrifying number of people I know are happy to while away their hours with a pair of binos.

It's either that or fishing.

Cant see the point in that either.

Am I not normal?

No AFCB this weekend means I can spend it working on the nursery; which to be honest is no bad thing.
It's cheap and I rather enjoy it if there's football on the radio.

Maybe we can start a thread on American sayings and English sayings. Help each other out when reading posts.......have to admit I understand about 3/4 of what y'all type. :hihi:

Now we've got lodgers, we have a garage full of "stuff" that needs sorting and grading on need and importance. Desperately hoping I can't find the key to the garage door : )

Ps whoever it was with the frog spawn, if you've got to much, I'll have a jam jar full. We've got two small ponds but can't get frogs to spawn in it for the last couple of years : )

Off to sunny Grimsby to see them play Luton and tick ground 86 off the list, followed by chips and beer in Cleethorpes...

I tend to rock rather than roll, but on occasion do both! Its gonna be a long old weekend this one. Certainly not going in my local pub tomorrow- A weird old cockney Arsenal fan that has suddenly emerged heard me mention the Cherries and has repeatedly told me since that he can't fathom how a 'crap outfit' like 'Bowmuff' could beat his boys! Follows me around with his pint waiting for me to respond .I don't answer - just stare at the daft t##t with a daft 3 point grin on my' boatrace'. Need to avoid him for a while otherwise I might put him on his ' tweedledee'.

Cleethorpes Poole Bill? Never been there or met any Cleethorpiots. What your doing is brilliant! My ground count over 50+ years is stuck on about 65/70 only. Well done. They say if you see the sea boil in Grimsby you will always be lucky !

Due to the lack of a match for the Cherries this week, and in light of the sad news earlier in the week, I have decided to listen to the complete Peel Sessions box set by the Fall - all 24 sessions over 6 CDs - somewhere around 7 hours worth.

I am currently on disc 4 - and session 12.

I might leave the last 2 CDs, and the final 9 sessions until tomorrow - you can have too much of a good thing.....

or the Fall, for that matter.

Punky - I read your post about the Fall and Mark E. Smith passing. Wasn't very acquainted with their stuff being a mainly 60s music fan so went on u- tube to find some. Telephone Thing, Container Driver, Totally Wired, Rebellious Jukebox and others. Found myself absorbed by the sound and creative lyrics, presence on mike by Mark and individuality of the others. Some of the lyrics (for me) had shades of J.Lennon in his more bizarre mid- Beatles word connections. Raw and from the guts of life, yet strangely comfortable and alternatively edgy; provoking further thinking etc. Shame he's gone. Will look at some more.

l

;