Those around us.

I thought the table was tight a few weeks ago but wins for stoke Swansea and West Brom recently have really shaken things up. Feb was always going to be a key month. Gap between games seems to last for ages too!

Well, you can either look up or down when viewing our place in the table.
If you're looking down (not recommended if you're afraid of the heights of the Premier League) it can be a little scary. We could drop to 16th (I think) within 24 hours.
But if we're looking up, we could go as high as 9th with a win against Chelsea.
Yes we could end up relegated, but we could also realistically finish 7th if we go on a winning run.
So for now, I'm looking up.
It's more fun that way, and my bed stays dry.

If you're looking down (not recommended if you're afraid of the heights of the Premier League) it can be a little scary. We could drop to 16th (I think) within 24 hours.
Yes we could end up relegated, but we could also realistically finish 7th if we go on a winning run.

Sorry, no idea why this posted 5 times . . .

NWCherries98 - 30/1/2018 22:54

Huddersfield might end up as a kind of parallel universe version of us in our first season. In that, we stuck to our expansive style of play, despite all the pundits telling us we weren't good enough. Whereas they have opted for the negative, sensible approach that will absolutely take them down.

In the playoffs last season they did the same. They were the first team promoted by not winning a game even in Extra Time. Thing was Wednesday and Reading were complete and utter pooe. If they played Fulham I doubt they'd even be here

They will go down. They've put up a decent fight but I think they are being found out now hence the return to their old style. Our game up there is massive

BillMcgarrycherry - 30/1/2018 23:04

An interesting fixture coming in March would be Leicester without Mahrez if he goes to MC! .... and after we play Man Utd we ideally want to be safe by then because what we don't want is pivotal games v Soton or Swansea at the end! Two crucial 'pockets' of matches are Stoke,Hudds, Newcastle.....WBA, Watford ,Palace. It sort of sits quite nicely for us if we can do well in Feb!

I haven't seen Mahrez play well against us, Bill - he hasn't really done anything. Every time I have seen him I have come away from the game wondering what the fuss was all about.

Long may that continue!!

punkrockcherry - 31/1/2018 06:57

An interesting fixture coming in March would be Leicester without Mahrez if he goes to MC! .... and after we play Man Utd we ideally want to be safe by then because what we don't want is pivotal games v Soton or Swansea at the end! Two crucial 'pockets' of matches are Stoke,Hudds, Newcastle.....WBA, Watford ,Palace. It sort of sits quite nicely for us if we can do well in Feb!

I haven't seen Mahrez play well against us, Bill - he hasn't really done anything. Every time I have seen him I have come away from the game wondering what the fuss was all about.

Long may that continue!!

Totally agree punkrock, he has never done anything against us for some reason yet is a world beater in other games. Remember him getting subbed at half time at our place once, barely touched the ball and looked completely uninterested. Strange.

It sits nicely for us but you know we'll make it as difficult for ourselves as we can. It's the Bournemouth way!

...yeah expect some highs and lows along the way to the end of this season, this looks like the future in The PL?...ten or twelve teams fighting to stay up as transfer fees rocket and only the big six (Arsenal,Chelsea,Man Utd,Man City, Spurs & Liverpool) can afford to splash out 50 million plus on players?

I mean Mahrez at 65 million, you kidding me? never worth that much IMO...

most clubs outside of them are feeding on 20 million pound scraps!

Football has gone absolutely mad!!

Lots of highs and lows but disappointed that tv companies aren’t showing more relegation six pointers as their live games. Going to be some really tense games coming up!

All about those three games in February - relegation six pointers the lot.

Will tell us all we need to know about how good we actually are.

AFCBade - 31/1/2018 09:44

Lots of highs and lows but disappointed that tv companies aren’t showing more relegation six pointers as their live games. Going to be some really tense games coming up!

Good for the fans - but not the global TV audience. Whilst AFCB have a huge following in the USA, there might not be a huge demand for say, Stoke City V Watford?

West Moors Cherry - 31/1/2018 08:51

punkrockcherry - 31/1/2018 06:57

Long may that continue!!

Totally agree punkrock, he has never done anything against us

Not true. He took a penalty against us up there a couple of seasons ago.

:hihi:

...home games v Stoke City,Swansea City,Newcastle,WBA,Crystal Palace to come along with aways at Huddersfield,Southampton & Watford...these games will define our season and are all winnable and in the AFCB way loseable!

we can enjoy(?) matches v Man Utd,Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea and maybe shock one of them too?

that will leave the boring ones v Burnley and Leicester to contemplate!

Oh the PL is so much fun eh boys?

If you are all right about Mahrez I need to stop listening to pundits! I wasn't at our games against Leicester, indeed ive only been at Newcastle, Swansea and Stoke this year and might not get to any more as my missus is under hospital treatment for two conditions. So looks like I'm relying on you lot for player reports and seeing us on TV. Our game tonight plus Saints/ Seagoons has got me on edge. Hope we play our attacking style and worry em into mistakes like we did in the cup .

;