Those Epic Dean Court Nights...

davidwhitehead

Fans' Favourite
It's all set up to be a proper humdinger tonight.

One of our traditional Southern rivals aiming for Europe, just begging to be knocked off their perch. And we "The Pluckies" as BHA contemptuously refer to AFCB, will only be too happy to oblige in our scramble for survival.

A packed and raucous Dean Court under the lights on a mild spring evening. Couldn't be better, could it ?

We've had some spectacular nights at Dean Court over the years. Will this be another one ?

It's all set up to be a proper humdinger tonight.

One of our traditional Southern rivals aiming for Europe, just begging to be knocked off their perch. And we "The Pluckies" as BHA contemptuously refer to AFCB, will only be too happy to oblige in our scramble for survival.

A packed and raucous Dean Court under the lights on a mild spring evening. Couldn't be better, could it ?

We've had some spectacular nights at Dean Court over the years. Will this be another one ?

21st January 2020

Brighton 1.JPGBrighton 2.jpg

Love a night game. It does seem like there have been a disproportionate amount of great occasions at night compared to day. Both our recent promotions spring to mind plus the bizarre annual hammerings of Chelsea

I love you enthusiasm and confidence.

Why do I get the feeling we will be 2 down in 20 mins and the place will be silent

Oh and it'll probably rain...

This is what I think is going to happen... then we'll have all the people who thrive on us losing stinking this place out for days. Second half Saturday was a big set-back so they'll be giving it both barrels if we lose tonight.

I can't wait. We need to go at them from the off and get the crowd up for it like the second half on Saturday, that was something else ,the place was absolutely rocking. Tinpot 'plucky' we may be but the under the lights, it is indeed a special place.

They're a decent team, and play the game how I like it so it should be a cracker.

This is what I think is going to happen... then we'll have all the people who thrive on us losing stinking this place out for days. Second half Saturday was a big set-back so they'll be giving it both barrels if we lose tonight.
Yawn…. I don’t think anyone on this forum thrives on us losing do they?

It started last night with those' negative waves' from the usual source. I responded then deleted as it can become all consuming on here.

The good old days of waking up and looking forward all day to an evening game without any pre match interference is my thing, so a positive thread like this a great way to start the day.

Two epic night games in the 60's at 'Dean Court' Dean Court were;

November 63 v Newcastle (Div2) League Cup 2-1
- Bolton and Bumstead scored second half after going behind from first half pen.
Crowd was about 12,000.

September 69 v Sheff Wed. (Div1) League Cup 1-0
- John Hold scored.

Not particularly confident I must admit. Funnily enough I think tonight might be a game where sitting tight and disciplined with quick and aggressive closing down is the best option. If we go all gung ho they will get us on the counter, most of their best results come that way. they could have put 8 past Everton at Goodison when Everton went at them.

Two epic night games in the 60's at 'Dean Court' Dean Court were;

November 63 v Newcastle (Div2) League Cup 2-1
- Bolton and Bumstead scored second half after going behind from first half pen.
Crowd was about 12,000.

September 69 v Sheff Wed. (Div1) League Cup 1-0
- John Hold scored.
Yes, I recall that Sheffield Wednesday game very well indeed. The South End was absolutely heaving that night and to this 12 year old kid it felt like the Liverpool Kop.

I seem to recall John Hold steaming down the right towards the Brighton Beach End and smashing it past their goalie (was it Springett ?).

Wednesday were a top 10 team back then, it was the first giant-killing I ever saw.

;