Thoughts on today

Comparison after 8 matches

W D L F A Pts
Now 5 3 0 14 6 18
Last season 4 4 0 11 6 16
2014-15 2 3 3 12 11 9

Now, five swallows and three blackbirds do not make a summer and look how Reading imploded last season after eight matches. But it doesn't look bad does it?

Even in 14/15 title winning season we could only draw at Cardiff - on top but let in a powerful header for their equaliser.
Cardiff did have the disallowed Wilson goal to thank the ref for. the one where the keeper cleared it against his back and he tapped it in and got booked as well for his trouble.

Which is my point. Great squad, poor manager.

It just needs Forest to get a decent manager in, as their squad isn't that bad (even Arter could get a recall) and go on a run of results, to mirror ours.

We were 20th in the 3rd Division when Groves got the sack and but for the idiotic decision to allow the loanee at Brentford to take a last minute penalty v. Doncaster, would have gone up as Champions.

20th to promotion is some turn around in form and that was after 10 matches.
We've played 3 fewer in the season to date.

Are forest a great squad?

Despot their improvement, they have only beaten Peterborough and Hull.
True....Hull created chances to chances tbf..... I should have said he's transformed their attack.... defensively they look terrible.... Preston were very unlucky not to beat them.

True....Hull created chances to chances tbf..... I should have said he's transformed their attack.... defensively they look terrible.... Preston were very unlucky not to beat them.
Needed two set pieces to beat Hull too. Hopefully teams will wise up that all their play comes through MGW.

Needed two set pieces to beat Hull too. Hopefully teams will wise up that all their play comes through MGW.
I hope not !.... I've got him in my Gaffr Championship team!...:grinning:......had to sell Marcondes to get him in....good bit of business imo.

Its all about. ' bottle'. now. and I think with Cahill in there or in the dressing room.. we are on it ! And If Scotty has ' full' control of every single player..it could match the 14-15 Season....even if its in 2nd place...bearing in mind it was the Sheffield guy that won it for us !
Or it could eclipse it

;