Thoughts v Brum

Doesn't matter if it did.... unless you mean a throw should have been given and so that chance shouldn't have developed? I'm probably following this one incorrectly.
Yes, exactly, and I believe Lerma acted the way he did as he believed it had clearly gone out of play?

Great game last night.

Travers was excellent
Zemura good going forward but sometimes struggling to get back
Stacey ok
Phillips solid
Kelly ok but slows the play
Christie a tireless worker, hope he’s not out for too long
Lerma played quite a few misplaced passes before the stupid foul
Cantwell was very good. A pity his timed runs weren’t seen by others
Anthony back to what we know he can do
Billing making good runs forward with the ball
Solanke contributing much more than the goal

The atmosphere felt really good last night.

I thought the pace an intensity was there for almost 90 mins. Far less side to side passing and a lot more longer balls. We especially targeted the channels, something that we had really stopped doing from the start of last season.

Cantwell was certainly a catalyst for our greater tempo. His runs, while sometimes missed, really pulled their team around. Hes going to be a massive player for us.

A few comments that our second half was poor. I thought we kept up our pressure for the whole of the half even, to a lesser degree, once Lerma went.

As fans, as long as the team works hard and puts the effort in you can forgive a lot.

The pressing was fantastic as well, every time they got the ball at the back our forwards closed down with great intensity, a real hunger from all the players is what we want to see. Loved it!

I thought the pace an intensity was there for almost 90 mins. Far less side to side passing and a lot more longer balls. We especially targeted the channels, something that we had really stopped doing from the start of last season.

Cantwell was certainly a catalyst for our greater tempo. His runs, while sometimes missed, really pulled their team around. Hes going to be a massive player for us.

A few comments that our second half was poor. I thought we kept up our pressure for the whole of the half even, to a lesser degree, once Lerma went.

As fans, as long as the team works hard and puts the effort in you can forgive a lot.

I saw the highlights from the previous game against Birmingham and thought before the game that we would hit the channels a lot more in this game. I don't think it was done as a specific tactic to suit us (which it often does), but more a tactical decision in how Birmingham play.

Stacey, Cantwell and Christie have the potential to be just as affective, if not even more so, than the triangle of Zemura, Anthony and Billing. From just one hour of play they showed a huge amount of potential.

The pressing was fantastic as well, every time they got the ball at the back our forwards closed down with great intensity, a real hunger from all the players is what we want to see. Loved it!

This is so important, a high press, energy, closing down. This was why I was so excited by the addition of Cantwell, he can join Solanke and Christie in doing this which Billing can't do.

Cantwell and Christie cover so much ground working hard in this area it can be a huge benefit to our play.

During the game at the weekend there was often acres of space behind their full back and we made hardly any attempts to hit it over the top into it.

Shame we saw it as a tactic only against Birmingham.

Enjoyable game. Atmosphere was good too. Crowd of 8700 ...a mystery...2000 under capacity. Take out empty seats in away end Where's the missing 1700???
That's a lot of people either buying tickets for the points...or season ticket holders not there. Fed up telling other clubs fans games are sold out. Especially as many are keen to go and cant

Enjoyable game. Atmosphere was good too. Crowd of 8700 ...a mystery...2000 under capacity. Take out empty seats in away end Where's the missing 1700???
That's a lot of people either buying tickets for the points...or season ticket holders not there. Fed up telling other clubs fans games are sold out. Especially as many are keen to go and cant
I'm on holiday in the Algarve, sorry!

Very chartible to suggest Philips was blameless for heading the ball into our net. Presumably he was attempting to clear the fast post but basically tucked it in the far corner away from where Travers had it covered. Maybe it'll look less clumbsy on a second viewing.

yLRQJx.gif

I don't think I've changed my mind

Apologies. I've put my back out.

;