Thoughts v Luton

I've no idea how many attacking midfielders Blackburn have tbh. But guess you do, now they're in your top2 teams.
I was using them as an example as they are currently our nearest challengers, my point wasn’t the number of attacking mids they have, it was that they won’t be relying on players who can ‘fill in’ to operate with their preferred system.

I was using them as an example as they are currently our nearest challengers, my point wasn’t the number of attacking mids they have, it was that they won’t be relying on players who can ‘fill in’ to operate with their preferred system.
You know that for a fact?

Really?

So the Kelly og was Travers' fault then?

I wasn’t talking any specific incidents. It was more just a general overview and the sheer number of saves with his feet was a potential indicator that suggests his positioning wasn’t brilliant today.

That said, pushing the ball back centrally in front of your goal, whether with your feet or hands isn’t exactly brilliantly goalkeeping.

Kelly is a great defender, his reaction time and pace over the first yard is exceptional and he snuffs out trouble that none of our other defenders would be able to deal with.

Did Solanke touch a ball other than his own? Has he got a groin strain? Very bad news if so.

Did Lerma know we were playing in white today?

How many times can Kelly invite trouble by passing the ball to a player who's tightly marked?

If Kilkenny is the more attacking midfielder why did Cook play in that position?

Apparently Luton have won 5 (now 6) games in time added on and their "injuries" looked like a deliberate tactic to get extra minutes added on so they are presumably trained to turbo charge their play after 90 minutes when the opposition are likely to be knackered. If the commentator knew I'm surprised SP wasn't aware of this.
I'm sure that Parker is aware but not so sure that he got it into the players heads, this is when you need an experienced captain on the pitch to echo the coaches information.
Today has really p#ssed me off. I know Luton are one of those teams. They're one of those teams who look like world beaters one week and a pub team a fortnight later. Managers that I've played for used to use that cliche " if you've got a team by the balls ,squeeze them." After we equalised Luton looked leggy and beaten and what do we do ? We step 2 metres back and invite them in for another go.
Having them by the balls might not necessarily mean scoring the winner but if we've got possession of the ball in their half they can't score the f*cking winner can they Scott?.

A shocking lack of game management IMO at the end!

When we put Luton under sustained pressure in the second half they conveniently had two long injury breaks one after another which effectively put a stop to our head of steam.

However, we didn't do the same when they built up a head of steam deep in injury time. We also had only used two subs, so why wasn't a sub used (doesn't Mepham usually come on for the last five mins?) prior to their throw in, that lead to their goal?

Ok… My thoughts on today are slightly less negative and pessimistic than most in here… We started brightly I thought and went toe to toe with an energetic Luton who obviously felt they had enough to beat the table toppers… They got on top for a horrid spell of 20 mins that saw them 2-0 up…

We came out a different side and started to punish them, with the justified end result being is getting back to 2-2…

Evey one is seemingly focused on us then sitting back but without mentioning the near ten minutes of pissing about Luton did which saw two of their players subbed and them totally cancelling out all our momentum…

Should it have worked…? No, but it did and it massively favoured them as the game swung back into their favour… as if it was still 0-0

Not using that as an excuse but it happened and we shouldn’t ignore that…

Yes, defensively we were not at it today… too much space between the CBs and too much backing off, but it’s not cause for mass hysteria or change… on the whole we’ve been pretty solid at the back but again we’ve not got a settled back 4…

They don’t score with literally the penultimate kick of the game and we’re talking mainly of a great come back and assessing how we ply for 90 and not 45 (again)… small margins…

Yes I’m pissed off but we’ve no god given right to expect 3 points against anyone in this league… It’s done… We’re not sh*t… We’re joint top of one of Europes toughest leagues…

We just need some perspective still before we spout sometimes…

And you don't think other sides don't look at our team/squad and don't think the same
We have a big squad, it is just a very imbalanced one. You’re right that a lot of sides at this level would jump to sign Kilkenny and Pearson et al, it doesn’t change the fact that they are not suited to playing the role that we need them to now though. If we had to see one of them depart in order to sign a more natural number eight then we absolutely should. Either that or just stop playing with two number eights! (That is very unlikely)

We have a big squad, it is just a very imbalanced one. You’re right that a lot of sides at this level would jump to sign Kilkenny and Pearson et al, it doesn’t change the fact that they are not suited to playing the role that we need them to now though. If we had to see one of them depart in order to sign a more natural number eight then we absolutely should. Either that or just stop playing with two number eights! (That is very unlikely)
I'm not really a fan of the negativity of Waz. But I think today was a really poor performance. Still fuming Parker didn't come over to the fans today.

Total lack of class. Hope someone calls him out on it soon.

- JK mentioned he noticed SP didn’t applaud fans after Hull City away. Also concerns around South Stand not getting as much recognition.
- NB confirmed he will speak to SP and players, definitely isn’t down to not appreciating just a case of re-educating after not having any supporters in the stand for a long time.
https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/supporter-liaison-updates/minutes-from-supporter-experience-group/

- JK mentioned he noticed SP didn’t applaud fans after Hull City away. Also concerns around South Stand not getting as much recognition.
- NB confirmed he will speak to SP and players, definitely isn’t down to not appreciating just a case of re-educating after not having any supporters in the stand for a long time.
https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/supporter-liaison-updates/minutes-from-supporter-experience-group/
Total BS. He applauded on the way to the the bench today but didn't fancy it on the way back..pathetic. Absolute disgrace.

;