Thoughts v Millwall

kirsikka

UTC Legend
What can you say about that? Lucky to go in a goal up at half time in a scrappy 45 that nobody really deserved to lead and completely second best in the second 45 and lucky to come away with a point.

The patterns of play were often missing, with misplaced passes compounding the lack of usual fast play. One quick break with over and under lapping runners in place was baffling brought to a halt by Anthony choosing to put his foot on the ball rather than keep the movement going.

Parker has again been unable to influence a match with his subs. That's a concern.

We're still up there and an away point against a top eight side is still decent. However, the performance was poor. Hopefully we can get back on track at the weekend.

Positive performances:
Lerma - All over the pitch in the first half. Not as dominant in the second but still did well. Plus an incredible clearance near the end.

Stacey - Showed the weekend was an aberration. Kept trying to get forward again, which was good

Room for improvement:
Kilkenny - A few early good passes aside, didn't look in the game at all.

Lowe + Anthony - Equally ineffectual. Didn't provide an effective outlet throughout the whole match.

The Jekyll and Hyde Award:
Mepham - Looked very good first half. Look all over the shop in the second.

A final word on the co-commentator. I always wonder what Willo did in training when he was assistant manager at AFCB since he doesn't seem to have anything in the way of tactical insight. I hope he gets well soon though if the alternative will be Jo Tessem. An irritating presence, and I'm not sure he has ever watched us play under Parker based on some of his comments. There has to be someone better available?

Wasn’t great . First half very even.
Thought second half we had a bit of a spell where we looked like we could grab a second .
For me everything seems rushed . Lacked a bit of compare on the ball.
Overall an away point

Millwall are a tough side to play against so a point ok especially as Fulham drew. Worried about the lack of control in midfield - feel we miss pearson’s influence.

Second half poor but had a bright start to the second period and felt a second goal was needed at that stage.

Fulham, who allegedly will walk the league are held to a draw with Derby at home we get a point away with a very poor performance against Mid table Millwall, I know we will be the happier set of fans tonight.

We looked all over the shop tonight, espeically second half. Obviously a few injuries creeping in with what is now the busiest month of the season is a worry as we have relied heavily on consistent line ups. We aren’t the only team suffering though

Also, I hope I never have to hear Jo Tessem commentate on us again.

I turned the volume off on the tv with that co-commentator doing my head in.
I thought in other games tonight Fulham were brilliant just like WBA were last night.

Losing the left side of our defence has had quite an impact these last few games...

We scrapped a point against a slightly above average Millwall side... Didn't see the game but common theme is Mepham's second half showing. Cahill looked about 80yrs old chasing Afobe's dust for their goal so I doubt we're likely to see Cook playing alongside him.

The sooner we get both Kelly and Zemura back the better and we can get back on track... We're playing poor but we're still picking up points and more importantly, the others are also still dropping points as well...

Not a disaster tonight but Cov on Saturday in terrible forecasted conditions will be a completely different prospect... Need to up the energy levels again...

Parker can't persist with that Cahill/Mepham partnership.....it's just to pedestrian.....one of the highlights of our play this season has been the high line we've played which allows to flood the opposition half and get players linking up in between the lines and winning the ball high up...obviously that's more difficult to do without Kelly's pace but surely Cookie should be an option over Mepham?.......we end up playing so deep that we don't have the numbers in the attacking third to even initiate an effective press.
I don't care what reason there is for Cookies exile tbf....Parkers stubbornness is costing us points.

Ryan Christie had a rare poor night. Hit and hope passes, caught a few times on the ball and definitely not the playmaker he has been. To be fair though there a few others doing similar things.

We looked genuinely rattled after Afobe's strike. Lost any rythmn and looked the preverbial butter to Millwall's hot knife. A little worrying if your a top side to fold like that.

Anyhoo. A point!

;