Ticket Office Manager quit?

RobTrent - 7/8/2016 21:50

They were advertising last week I believe, so not sure if this is related.

I think it was longer ago than that Rob - may be nearer a month.

Seems like a non story to me which is now splattered all over twitter.

Well done everyone.

The ticket office manager position was advertised about 3 weeks ago (I would put the link up but the advert has expired now). Speculating on an individuals' job is obviously not cricket, but I do not think this is said individual's role.

Job description
AFC Bournemouth is looking for a customer focused, organised manager with an ability to get to grips with all technical aspects of our ticketing system. The ideal candidate will have experience of a ticketing environment and of managing a team, with excellent communication skills.

Key Responsibilities
Drive strategic and operational best practice to ensure that our ticketing processes, systems and staff deliver an excellent customer ticketing experience.
Optimise the delivery, fulfilment, integration of any new system/process linked to ticketing to leverage customer experience enhancements.
Lead and manage our ticketing team to ensure the club provides an excellent customer experience.
Ensure sufficient and efficient staffing levels and a comprehensive training and development process for the ticketing team.
To act as the ticketing system manager including the set-up of events, management of database, installing updates, designing new reports as required, fixing technical problems and liaising with the system provider where required.
Produce relevant ticketing management, commercial and financial reports to assist other departments and continually develop Audience View as a business intelligence platform throughout the club.
Drive the continual development of the club's online ticketing facility.
Establish a close working and support relationship with BH Live the ensure maximum benefit from the partnership.
Ensure the club meets all Premier League, FA, Cup of other relevant football governing body obligations in respect of provision of its ticketing operation.
Maintain good working relationships with other clubs' ticketing management to assist in the efficient staging of home and away matches and sharing of best practice.
Display a strong ability in customer focused communications and complaints management.

Person Specification
Previous experience in a ticket sales environment and in managing a team.
Proven experience in managing staff and the public in a customer service focused role.
Advanced understanding of using Excel to represent customer/sales business intelligence data.
Excellent attention to detail, organisation and communication skills.
Experience with Audience View ticketing system a benefit.

Please email a CV and covering letter including your salary expectations to alice.jeans@afcb.co.uk. You will also need to complete an equality monitoring form available on http://goo.gl/forms/qiW9g0st0lW15kvO2.
AFC Bournemouth values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010).
AFC Bournemouth is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.

morris.minor - 8/8/2016 12:31

I understand a person from Southern Rail has applied, not much happening for them this week.

Apparently didn't take the job though, as they wanted an extra person to tear tickets off the printer, AFCB expected the sales person to take the money and tear the tickets!

;