Timewasting

Easy solution. The team conceding can kick off a minute after a goal is scored. Any of the other team not in their half get a yellow card.

stadium clock; two 30 minute halves,
guarantees an hours football not the 50 odd minutes we're being treated to currently
stadium clock; goal-kicks, throw ins, corners, play must restart after 20 seconds

ban kicking the ball out for treatment, referee can assess and if its not deemed serious the player must leave the pitch for treatment
anyone going down holding their face has to go off for a concussion check

that'll sort it

"high threshold in terms of contact for free-kicks and penalties will remain."
hmmmm does that threhold involve ground capacity ???

"Referees have been reminded to book players who fail to respect the required distance at free-kicks."
At bloomin last. Why do defending players have to run to where the free kick is being taken and then back off slowly !!!

For free kicks and corners players should have 20 seconds to move away. If not book 'em.

On restarts after a goal allow play to continue after 1 minute. If the team that scored isn't back in position for the restart tough. Their loss.

Nearest player to where a throw in is awarded should take it. It isn't a complicated skill and stops the waiting for someone from the other side of the pitch ambling over.

Substituted players have 30 seconds to leave the pitch then the match restarts. Substitute can't enter the field of play until other player has left. Substituted player can't play an active part in the match.

Perhaps Refs should use VR goggles. Players appearance altered so officials don't know which team is which.

Are they going to keep the rule where Bournemouth players can be booked for diving when they didnt while opposition players be penalised for diving 3 times in one game but not get a single yellow?

Are they going to keep the rule where Bournemouth players can be booked for diving when they didnt while opposition players be penalised for diving 3 times in one game but not get a single yellow?
Yes. That is in the laws of the game between

"League table at the start of the season will have AFC Bournemouth sorted alphabetically as 'B' and AFC Wimpledon sorted alpahbetically as 'A'"

and

"Everyone gets one free punch and/or volleyball move when playing AFC Bournemouth"

Haven't we been here before? Every season there's some new initiative to reduce timewasting or diving or respecting the referees etc. and it's all forgotten about after the first couple of months.
It’s because the referees don’t get the backing of the FA or their own association.

It was like that season they brought in the tighter dissent laws and all that happened was a few people in leagues one and two were sent off while Wayne Rooney and Stephen Gerrard still screamed in referees faces until it died a death by September.

If the two governing bodies had said ‘if you end up with Man Utd having a couple of players sent off in the first 10 mins then good. It will set an example and it Fergie moans about it he will get a three game stadium ban then even better’

Instead though it’s the usual where a referee gets taken off the list for awhile if they become too high profile or make a mistake.

It’s because the referees don’t get the backing of the FA or their own association.

It was like that season they brought in the tighter dissent laws and all that happened was a few people in leagues one and two were sent off while Wayne Rooney and Stephen Gerrard still screamed in referees faces until it died a death by September.

If the two governing bodies had said ‘if you end up with Man Utd having a couple of players sent off in the first 10 mins then good. It will set an example and it Fergie moans about it he will get a three game stadium ban then even better’

Instead though it’s the usual where a referee gets taken off the list for awhile if they become too high profile or make a mistake.

Absolutely bang on. Keeping the golden teams sweet.

Now whenever I see these rules I dread them because I know that we'll fall foul of them in the first few months and it'll cost us games before a big club first gets hit and the whole thing is scrapped.

As has been mentioned, enforcement of new rules are generally abandoned after September especially if it impacts on the big clubs, I’d be quite happy to see head injuries treated on the pitch as they are obviously serious requiring immediate attention and quite common in the last ten minutes, if the ball goes in off the physio then tough

I'm on a roll.

Don't book the player that is time wasting. Book the captain.
Stops teams sharing out the bookings. 2 episodes of time wasting and the captain is off.

Quick someone, put me in charge of everything.
I’m making you captain.

The worst form of timewasting as I see it is that where a player goes toward the corner flag near the end and tries to stay there to protect a result.
Players should always be observed attacking the goal which is what the fans have paid to see !

;