Todd Cantwell

Where does that place Dembele, Christie etc (i.e. all the wide attackers) in 5-3-2
If I had to guess, it'll stay the 4-2-3-1 formation we know.
Cantwell is competition for Billing and Marcondes.
Dembele is competition for Antonthy, Lowe and Christie / cover for Stanislas.
Moore is competition for Solanke obviously.

But it certainly gives options for all sorts of formational tweaks.

If I had to guess, it'll stay the 4-2-3-1 formation we know.
Cantwell is competition for Billing and Marcondes.
Dembele is competition for Antonthy, Lowe and Christie / cover for Stanislas.
Moore is competition for Solanke obviously.

But it certainly gives options for all sorts of formational tweaks.

This will be the starting position for most games.

But Parker has, especially during the good run, tweaked his central midfield. It hasn’t always been one deep “6” and two advanced “8’s”. It sometimes will be two deeper players etc and has been previously.

This gives an option of a trio of Lerma, Billing and Cantwell, still with Lewis Cook and Pearson as options. That’s pretty exciting to me along with the players we already have in wide areas (with Dembele).

Of course he will be more flexible with our formation if he feels we have the players to do so.
Lol we've seen him play Mepham at RB and LB rather than go away from his formation......the only other formation he has tried briefly is 5 at the back....which is the formation we usually finish games with.

If JZ and laird are going to bomb forward, then having a defensive core of lerma and Pearson works for me given we now have better offensive options. Different when just Dom upfront isolated

Reactions: DJ
Important for there to be some competition for Christie and opportunity to rest him.

This from a long time Norwich supporter...

He was once, when he had something to prove, a great player. In recent years, he’s had his head turned by his agent and been convinced that he deserves to be playing for a big club and he’s currently been dropped because he’s unfit, training badly and his head’s not right. More interested in updating his TikTok and posting cryptic messages on Instagram than putting in the effort on the pitch. He’s our Ryan Fraser, an absolute wasted talent whose belief in his own hype has been his downfall.

Hmmmmm.

This from a long time Norwich supporter...

He was once, when he had something to prove, a great player. In recent years, he’s had his head turned by his agent and been convinced that he deserves to be playing for a big club and he’s currently been dropped because he’s unfit, training badly and his head’s not right. More interested in updating his TikTok and posting cryptic messages on Instagram than putting in the effort on the pitch. He’s our Ryan Fraser, an absolute wasted talent whose belief in his own hype has been his downfall.

Hmmmmm.
I got similar just now. ‘Was our golden boy but believed his own hype and now not fit or interested it will go one way or another for him with you’

Worth the gamble of a loan for sure.

I got similar just now. ‘Was our golden boy but believed his own hype and now not fit or interested it will go one way or another for him with you’

Worth the gamble of a loan for sure.

Thought I read loan with a buy clause or maybe option to buy. I am less convinced about Todd tbh. Seen a few players like that at afcb recently

This will be the starting position for most games.

But Parker has, especially during the good run, tweaked his central midfield. It hasn’t always been one deep “6” and two advanced “8’s”. It sometimes will be two deeper players etc and has been previously.

This gives an option of a trio of Lerma, Billing and Cantwell, still with Lewis Cook and Pearson as options. That’s pretty exciting to me along with the players we already have in wide areas (with Dembele).

Spot on. Very fluid. Difficult to pin it down exactly like a decade ago where 90% of teams (outside the top flight) would be 442.

Our formation could be read as

etc and probably more. Plus different layers/roles in the midfield area. Should work very well in theory when you look at the depth of quality and type of cm's we have at our disposal.

Reactions: DJ

;