Train tickets for away games

This is a great idea, especially for London based Cherries fans who can easily get to most parts of the country via train.

I’m not sure it’ll make too much difference for local fans though. Cross Country don’t (or very rarely) do Advanced Fares so the pay on the day fare is the same £100+ for any journey up north. On SWR you can get a super off peak return to London for £35 with a railcard on the day. I actually think that’s pretty good value and it’s unlikely you’ll get an Advanced for much less

This is a great idea, especially for London based Cherries fans who can easily get to most parts of the country via train.

I’m not sure it’ll make too much difference for local fans though. Cross Country don’t (or very rarely) do Advanced Fares so the pay on the day fare is the same £100+ for any journey up north. On SWR you can get a super off peak return to London for £35 with a railcard on the day. I actually think that’s pretty good value and it’s unlikely you’ll get an Advanced for much less
Yes, my son lives in London so he will certainly gain. I try to avoid Cross Country if possible so northern games via London will still be cheaper and more feasible.

;