Training ground

Surely it's a suitable place for a Stadium..there's loads more fields that could be purchased to gain space for car parks...and it's away from housing.
It's easy to get to for fans outside the area, coming from West via Wimborne and from East, North and South turn off at Bear Cross.
The Airport is not far away....for clubs like Real Madrid to fly into ..once again turn off at Bear Cross.
I dunno.. maybe I'm just plain daft and addicted to Google Earth !

It's not easy to get to Brian, the roads round there are bad enough as it is. Could you imagine that Bear Cross roundabout trying to handle 20k people at rush hour for an evening game? Good god.

Nowhere near a train station either. Miles away from the airport compared to DC.

It's not easy to get to Brian, the roads round there are bad enough as it is. Could you imagine that Bear Cross roundabout trying to handle 20k people at rush hour for an evening game? Good god.

Nowhere near a train station either. Miles away from the airport compared to DC.
Ok ..you've more or less convinced me....but American Money might have been used to improve roads and links.
So we just have wait and see how the plans pan out for Kings Park.

Surely it's a suitable place for a Stadium..there's loads more fields that could be purchased to gain space for car parks...and it's away from housing.
It's easy to get to for fans outside the area, coming from West via Wimborne and from East, North and South turn off at Bear Cross.
The Airport is not far away....for clubs like Real Madrid to fly into ..once again turn off at Bear Cross.

Google presented me with a daily echo article about new cycle lane work about to commence on magna Road the other day.

It mentioned that bearcross roundabout has something like 2000 cars more going through it than it can hsndke over a period each day.

Also people's comments reminded me of tailbacks on a Sunday when there used to be a car boot sale...

So sounds like the area and infrastructure is nowhere near capable of having 20k fans descending on it in a short period of time for a game of football.

Google presented me with a daily echo article about new cycle lane work about to commence on magna Road the other day.

It mentioned that bearcross roundabout has something like 2000 cars more going through it than it can hsndke over a period each day.

Also people's comments reminded me of tailbacks on a Sunday when there used to be a car boot sale...

So sounds like the area and infrastructure is nowhere near capable of having 20k fans descending on it in a short period of time for a game of football.
It's nose to tail traffic some mornings and evenings from Bear cross roundabout to the Gravel Hill junction. There are loads more houses being built all around the area.
Can you imagine all the newbies moving into the area and then being told " squeeze over a bit. We're just going to build a football stadium amongst your nice new houses ?"

Anyone who has been to an out of town stadium knows just how depressing they are.

They’re awful for away supporters and even worse for home fans.

Anyone who appreciates the traditions of football supporters down the years rather than bending over backwards for modern day money driven football would never suggest such a thing .

Anyone who has been to an out of town stadium knows just how depressing they are.

They’re awful for away supporters and even worse for home fans.

Anyone who appreciates the traditions of football supporters down the years rather than bending over backwards for modern day money driven football would never suggest such a thing .

They also struggle for attendances in the lower leagues. Thousands just wouldn't bother going to Magna Road or Matchams Lane compared to Kings Park.

Reactions: DJ
Hardly near to a train station though is it Brian?

Hardly near to a train station though is it Brian?
This is a really good point.

Given that the new stadium will be closer to Pokesdown station than the existing one, with some joined up thinking and co-operation from a number of interested organisations there is a great opportunity to upgrade both its services and its facilities which are in desparate need of a substantial modernisation and improvement. It is scandalous that nearly 30 years after the Disability and Discrimination Act was passed it still doesn't have passenger lifts serving its platforms despite them having long been promised by many parties without ever actually materialising.

Pokesdown station is much better located to serve thousands of homes in Boscombe, Pokesdown, Southbourne and Boscombe East than the Central Station and requiring the train operating companies to stop all trains there would be a massive boost to both its usage and the convenience of residents of those areas, as well as making it a much more viable form of transport for both out of area home fans and visiting ones on match days. Given that journey times to and from Bournemouth are already painfully slow, another five minutes added to every journey would be a small price to pay for the increase in convenience to thousands of rail users in the locality.

The Football Club could be required to make a contribution to this as part of the Stadium Planning Approval, and the monies allocated to the Council last year by the Government would be much better spent on this project rather than needlessly demolishing the Sovereign Centre as has been mooted.

It could be one day if the bloody Government could organise a decent Rail System to serve the more rural areas...as it did in Victorian times.
Places like Creekmoor Halt .. Wimborne Minster, Hinton Admiral ...etcetera.
Victorian times. Lol. I knew you lived in the past.
Ever heard of a motor vehicle?
If you have, it could be responsible for the demise of the railways.
Not that it’s right, but it has.

This is a really good point.

Given that the new stadium will be closer to Pokesdown station than the existing one, with some joined up thinking and co-operation from a number of interested organisations there is a great opportunity to upgrade both its services and its facilities which are in desparate need of a substantial modernisation and improvement. It is scandalous that nearly 30 years after the Disability and Discrimination Act was passed it still doesn't have passenger lifts serving its platforms despite them having long been promised by many parties without ever actually materialising.

Pokesdown station is much better located to serve thousands of homes in Boscombe, Pokesdown, Southbourne and Boscombe East than the Central Station and requiring the train operating companies to stop all trains there would be a massive boost to both its usage and the convenience of residents of those areas, as well as making it a much more viable form of transport for both out of area home fans and visiting ones on match days. Given that journey times to and from Bournemouth are already painfully slow, another five minutes added to every journey would be a small price to pay for the increase in convenience to thousands of rail users in the locality.

The Football Club could be required to make a contribution to this as part of the Stadium Planning Approval, and the monies allocated to the Council last year by the Government would be much better spent on this project rather than needlessly demolishing the Sovereign Centre as has been mooted.
There was some talk of a footpath that runs parallel to Christchurch Road being re-opened or improved. I think it was the MP for the area.

Our football home is Dean Court, it is central to most areas our fans travel from.

As has been mentioned served by two train stations nearby and has a dual carriage road with exits near the stadium.

In a nice setting of Kings Park.

Where the training ground is, it’s not central for fans and as has been said a very congested area.

But Canford Sang is a nice place to go for a walk by the river Stour and have a coffee etc.

But not for football fans on mass.

Last time my wife and myself were there, we were talking to a lady who was worried where all the football fans would park, so explained it was a training ground and will not be a football stadium with thousands of fans.

Victorian times. Lol. I knew you lived in the past.
Ever heard of a motor vehicle?
If you have, it could be responsible for the demise of the railways.
Not that it’s right, but it has.
Yes I agree to some extent...guilty.
..but car ownership is not totally universal...many young and old are struggling to maintain their budgets to enable car ownership and the associated insurance hikes.
A population of Electric Cars in the Future might prove to be less sustainable than petrol/ deisal....the science of Battery Power could have severe problems with limitations in design/size/ practicality and sources of constituents.
A comprehensive and reasonably cheap Railway System could be the answer.

Yes I agree to some extent...guilty.
..but car ownership is not totally universal...many young and old are struggling to maintain their budgets to enable car ownership and the associated insurance hikes.
A population of Electric Cars in the Future might prove to be less sustainable than petrol/ deisal....the science of Battery Power could have severe problems with limitations in design/size/ practicality and sources of constituents.
A comprehensive and reasonably cheap Railway System could be the answer.
I went for a walk this morning along a busy road and was surprised at the amount of electric cars there were.
It made me think (yes I can lol) about how they will evolve. I suppose the first thing will be getting a full charge down to around 5 minutes.
Then maybe quite away in the future, wireless charging as can be done with mobiles in a limited way
Who would have thought that could be done 40 or so years ago with the first generation of mobile phones.
I’m sure some techno heads on here will far more than us Brian.

I went for a walk this morning along a busy road and was surprised at the amount of electric cars there were.
It made me think (yes I can lol) about how they will evolve. I suppose the first thing will be getting a full charge down to around 5 minutes.
Then maybe quite away in the future, wireless charging as can be done with mobiles in a limited way
Who would have thought that could be done 40 or so years ago with the first generation of mobile phones.
I’m sure some techno heads on here will far more than us Brian.
Yeah...that's a good and intelligent projection about Wireless Charging...the 'techno heads' will be on that as we speak.
I worked with battery back up systems and electronic control equipment (maintenance and charging arrangements )for years....there is a lot to consider especially on Safety.. but of course batteries and their capacity now, have evolved massively from then...plus an inevitable complex merge with Wireless technology awaits.

I'm quite pleased that my post could drag such a pinpointing aspect from yourself.

It could be one day if the bloody Government could organise a decent Rail System to serve the more rural areas...as it did in Victorian times.

This is true, I was at Hinton Admiral station the other week and it was wall-to-wall Victorians.

Unfortunately Brian, it would require many houses to be demolished, and roads re-routed to reinstate the rail network pre the Beeching cuts.

;