Training ground

Round and round we go again! I disagree and more importantly the club disagreed with you that it's not financially viable, at the risk of repeating myself, they chose to invest in the team rather than the stadium, that's what they said anyway. Just a different opinion than yours that's all, you appear to thick to understand that though. At the end of the day you may well be right and then the stadium probably won't get built.

The club don't disagree with me, they will be looking at ways of funding the ground exactly as I've explained. If the stadium was financially viable in it's own right they'd be able to invest in the team and build the stadium at the same time. Someone would lend them the cash based on the income that it will generate in future like how pretty much all other commercial property developments work.

I've never said that the ground won't get built or that I don't want it to be built no matter how many times you accuse me of saying it.

You say we've got a different opinion - what is your opinion? That the ground is financially viable in it's own right? You've demonstrated that you don't know what you're talking about time and time again.

You call me thick yet you've never understood one of my posts on this subject - I know full well that when the day hopefully comes when they've worked out how to find it you'll think you were right all along but it's just not the case.

I try to resist personal insults with you because you're obviously not the brightest bulb but don't push it.

The club don't disagree with me, they will be looking at ways of funding the ground exactly as I've explained. If the stadium was financially viable in it's own right they'd be able to invest in the team and build the stadium at the same time. Someone would lend them the cash based on the income that it will generate in future like how pretty much all other commercial property developments work.

I've never said that the ground won't get built or that I don't want it to be built no matter how many times you accuse me of saying it.

You say we've got a different opinion - what is your opinion? That the ground is financially viable in it's own right? You've demonstrated that you don't know what you're talking about time and time again.

You call me thick yet you've never understood one of my posts on this subject - I know full well that when the day hopefully comes when they've worked out how to find it you'll think you were right all along but it's just not the case.

I try to resist personal insults with you because you're obviously not the brightest bulb but don't push it.
How long we stay in the premier league will determine how financially viable it is, you can't possibly know that.......... and your just boring me now!

How long we stay in the premier league will determine how financially viable it is, you can't possibly know that.......... and your just boring me now!

Yes mate, which is why you factor risk into any investment decision. My entire point this whole time. Even if we could guarantee PL football from here to eternity it's still borderline.

The Training Ground is getting built - that is now self evident and progress in the 'infrastructure' at long last. That is at least encouraging. As far as the Stadium is concerned I know this is still a 'live' discussion within the Club - to the extent that the relocation site for the Athletics Stadium has been identified. That too is at mildly encouraging but it's not one brick built or one seat installed and time will tell if and when we see actual progress.
I am still extremely frustrated that the enlarged South Stand has not been built though - as we have permission and we know that the lease of a Temporary Stand pays for itself - and some(based on the figures given by Eddie Mitchell). Why we cannot/have not asked for 2,000 potential new Season Ticket holders to come forward to take up seats in a bigger Stand I really don't know, as their income alone would pay the lease costs and the other seats provide the profit.

Yes mate, which is why you factor risk into any investment decision. My entire point this whole time. Even if we could guarantee PL football from here to eternity it's still borderline.
That's where we disagree, just a simple disagreement, that's all and this is why I think you're such an arrogant person.

The Training Ground is getting built - that is now self evident and progress in the 'infrastructure' at long last. That is at least encouraging. As far as the Stadium is concerned I know this is still a 'live' discussion within the Club - to the extent that the relocation site for the Athletics Stadium has been identified. That too is at mildly encouraging but it's not one brick built or one seat installed and time will tell if and when we see actual progress.
I am still extremely frustrated that the enlarged South Stand has not been built though - as we have permission and we know that the lease of a Temporary Stand pays for itself - and some(based on the figures given by Eddie Mitchell). Why we cannot/have not asked for 2,000 potential new Season Ticket holders to come forward to take up seats in a bigger Stand I really don't know, as their income alone would pay the lease costs and the other seats provide the profit.
This is my biggest frustration on the stadium front. We all know there's a great many challenges and moving parts involved in a complete new build or rebuild. It'll take years to sort out if it ever gets sorted. But it really wouldn't seem hard or expensive to increase the stand at the south end, there are various larger sizes of similar structures at other clubs. Barnet being the one I keep mentioning. Just a couple thousand extra would create a bit of slack for the fanbase and make things a bit easier for everyone.

That our capacity has actually decreased since PL promotion (TV camera space and media seating taking priority) is farcical.

That's where we disagree, just a simple disagreement, that's all and this is why I think you're such an arrogant person.

I work in commercial property valuation. I've tried to explain what considerations they use when considering these investments. You've continually failed to understand and called me thick. Forgive me for not giving a toss if you think I'm arrogant.

I work in commercial property valuation. I've tried to explain what considerations they use when considering these investments. You've continually failed to understand and called me thick. Forgive me for not giving a toss if you think I'm arrogant.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Approval day today, and we'll be one less decision away from being able to get started.

Quick Q: Am I correct in assuming that we purchased ALL of the land at Canford Magna Golf Club? In which case, given that the training facility will be utilising only part of the land, how is the rest of it going to be used?

Approval day today, and we'll be one less decision away from being able to get started.

Quick Q: Am I correct in assuming that we purchased ALL of the land at Canford Magna Golf Club? In which case, given that the training facility will be utilising only part of the land, how is the rest of it going to be used?
Cheese Lounge and monkey chicken petting zoo.

Park and ride on matchdays?

part of the land is now a park area. Very nice too it is.
https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/n...ers-build-more-than-300-homes-off-magna-road/

https://www.dorsetdogs.org.uk/locations/canford-park-sang/

I've asked Afcb if this forum can have a debating room in one of the buildings,as face to face is better than messages,lots of points get lost in messages or taken out of context.There should also be a boxing ring for reservoir red,sorry mate,to get his points across.Also a pub for members to meet after debates,it should be diverse like Bills one in Cornwall,and big enough for leavers to sort brexit,so Jims happy.I would name the building,The Mass Debating Room,or after the best and most prolific on here,SDD,WALLMOUTH,AFC LOST IN BRUM,NEIL,The two BILLYS,TABLE,DRUSS,DJ and AL.Fact.

Last edited:
I've asked Afcb if this forum can have a debating room in one of the buildings,as face to face is better than messages,lots of points get lost in messages or taken out of context.There should also be a boxing ring for reservoir red,sorry mate,to get his points across.Also a pub for members to meet after debates,it should be diverse like Bills one in Cornwall,and big enough for leavers to sort brexit,so Jims happy
Think I would give it a miss, I like to enjoy myself when I go out !!!!

How long is this Canford Magma thing going on for. The place looks hardly any different than when I rode my bike there In the sixties to get conkers...fields and trees and sheeps!
A few bits of rope ....and 'talk' of amended plans to council.
So that looks like 20-21.....still training at Kings Park!

How long is this Canford Magma thing going on for. The place looks hardly any different than when I rode my bike there In the sixties to get conkers...fields and trees and sheeps!
A few bits of rope ....and 'talk' of amended plans to council.
So that looks like 20-21.....still training at Kings Park!
If you read the thread you will see the amended plans are before the BCP Council today and a decision will be made today. If approved it will then be up to the club as to how quick they proceed.

;