Transfer deadline day.

AlGard

UTC Legend
Jim White. Yellow tie. Pressing F5 every 2 seconds.

Will we get a keeper and send one of ours out on loan?

Others out on loan?

Roll on 5pm.

Just get it over with.

Ibe out on loan most likely the only business to be done today. Only other outgoings I think would be one of the young gk's, but unless they are off to a Championship side, that doesn't need to be wrapped up until 02/09.

Defibrillators at the ready...poor old sky running out of tissues...repeating the same old transfer gossip until they squeeze the pips out of the day...

Don't know about most of you lot but I find it obscene and summing up how much greed there is about...average players looking for big clubs and massive pay incentives...

I will be glad when 3pm is here on Saturday and we can get on with the 'proper stuff'

Hopefully work will distract me from The Transfer Centre !

Brighton have signed Mooy apparently on loan. A good signing as is Maupay, and I hear that their other newbie, Trossard, looked good in preseason. I suspect that they'll be much improved on last season.

I think we're probably done for the window; definitely don't want Ibe out on loan. Begovic out would be good but unlikely.

I agree, for all his faults, of late he seems to have been on form this pre season and stupidly or not, I still want him to do well for us...

If he is to go then he needs to be sold... No point in loaning...

Brighton have signed Mooy apparently on loan. A good signing as is Maupay, and I hear that their other newbie, Trossard, looked good in preseason. I suspect that they'll be much improved on last season.

I think much improved might be a push but I did like the look of Maupay at Brentford last season...

I think some on here overrate Mooy quite a bit. He's a good player, in about a 1/4 of his games. He went missing a lot last season; much happier with Billing than I would have been with Mooy.

I won't change my prediction. Still think they will struggle.

Brighton are funny. So they play defensively and still concede plenty of goals, don't like it so sack the manager.

They get a more progressive manager, sign a bunch of interesting attacking players like Tossard, Maupay and Mooy, presumably with the intention of attacking more.

Except that defence...They've signed a goalkeeper from Blackburn, a defender from Pompey, neither going to get straight in the side. The larger signing being Webster from Brizzle might make it straight in. But for the most part it's still the same, Dunk and all...poor enough when they played 9 men behind the ball. What's gonna happen when they open up and play?

I won't change my prediction. Still think they will struggle.

So, taking the pinch of salt transfer fees recorded at transfermarkt, if you include from our last season inthe Championship when they made a big profit on player trading, they've spent about £25 million more on transfer fees than us. Plus they have the products of a much-vaunted and rather expensive Cat A academy to also boost their squad.

I wouldn't want to swap squads if they gave us £50 million, never mind us giving them £25 million!

Still, at least we know those paragons of football financial virtue must be really clever with their finances to have been able to outspend us like that even though they've had less years of PL tv money.

So, taking the pinch of salt transfer fees recorded at transfermarkt, if you include from our last season inthe Championship when they made a big profit on player trading, they've spent about £25 million more on transfer fees than us. Plus they have the products of a much-vaunted and rather expensive Cat A academy to also boost their squad.

I wouldn't want to swap squads if they gave us £50 million, never mind us giving them £25 million!

Still, at least we know those paragons of football financial virtue must be really clever with their finances to have been able to outspend us like that even though they've had less years of PL tv money.

Never underestimate the cash generating power of world class infrastructure.

Brighton is a strange one. I quite like their manager, always don't mind younger talent coming through, trying to play the right way. Would still love for them to go down though.
Maupay could be good but he's had one season so far, so who knows. Brentford also played very attack minded to help him. Mooy will be solid in the middle too. But I still don't see them far beyond the bottom three.

;