Transfers - in 'n out

langham

First Team
It's time to talk transfers, as - with the World Cup under way - we'll be in the window in no time.

What do we need? A back-up goalie, creative midfielder, winger and striker. Out? Marcondes and Lowe, with Hill, Sadi and Dennis to go on loan.

50:50 to keep or go? - Pearson. Priority?... got to be a striker. When Solanke was injured we often looked ineffective upfront.

Thoughts??

Don't think we need another keeper, assuming neto is fit again.
Yes another striker, but will be tough in Jan getting someone who at best will be back up to solanke.
Another left back I'm not a fan of Smith there, so only jz true lb.
Really hope brooks is nearing fitness, which would lessen the need for a winger.

Goalie? If Dennis isn't in the squad (will he get in now?) surely we can't rely on Plain? What about this guy at QPR we're linked with?

If Travers and Neto are both out we'd be allowed to sign an emergency keeper. It's a deliberate tactic to free up an extra squad space.

It's time to talk transfers, as - with the World Cup under way - we'll be in the window in no time.

What do we need? A back-up goalie, creative midfielder, winger and striker. Out? Marcondes and Lowe, with Hill, Sadi and Dennis to go on loan.

50:50 to keep or go? - Pearson. Priority?... got to be a striker. When Solanke was injured we often looked ineffective upfront.

Thoughts??

Yeah look ..send Sadi on loan...sign Demarai Gray..and we are odds on to strike for Europe...

Marcondes and Lowe were never going to score another goal in this league eh...nah.. just f√ck em off.
Forum Logic at a Premium !

Last edited:
Basically... yes :D.

Well there ya f√ckin' go then...we are ON IT.

World Club Championship Is Go...bring on Boca Juniors ..no way they gonna cope with Demerai Gray feeding Solanke.

F√ck me Bruv .. who wantsta have a Party when ya can have a f√cking Pantomime !

Odd if Pearson is surplus to requirements - has played well this season

another striker to take the load off Dom and Moore while we tried to get a winger before transfer deadline even after Parker left so think this is a likely area

do need more creativity in the team in the absence of Stan rothwell and brooks having no impact so far

If Travers and Neto are both out we'd be allowed to sign an emergency keeper. It's a deliberate tactic to free up an extra squad space.
Indeed part of the headache for us when eyeing up signings is keeping tabs on the 25, who we'd have to either loan or sell. It's a tough one. We've got a lot of good honest upper Championship level lads in the 25 who could conceivably contribute if given a run, but who are a risk at this level. Given its far from certain we stay up we don't want to write anyone off.

Well there ya f√ckin' go then...we are ON IT.

World Club Championship Is Go...bring on Boca Juniors ..no way they gonna cope with Demerai Gray feeding Solanke.

F√ck me Bruv .. who wantsta have a Party when ya can have a f√cking Pantomime !

Not fussed with the Gray part, but I agree with 2nd para- in your original post.

We need to decide whether we’re shipping certain players out or not first. Our best 11 has Solanke and Moore starting together imo, so another quality striker would be great.

This could easily be a young, promising loanee from another PL club, perhaps. Or a hungry Championship player with a bit more quality and potential. Could Lowe actually step up if we were to play him more and give him a chance?

Marcondes and Dembele; the latter far more likely to be involved imo. Just don’t think Emi is quite good enough. Both are solid championship players, worth keeping if we go down, so loans might be the better option.

Midfield is good, tbh. Think we’re set there, we have the players to compete there and good options off the bench too. Same goes for CB and RB. We could do with a LB potentially, although if we’re playing 3 at the back then Tavernier is competing with Zemura for LWB.

Wingers is tricky. Tavernier is stepping up but Christie isn’t and I’m not convinced by him. Anthony is doing about as much as he can as a squad player competing for a spot. Think we could do with another, proper quality winger with pace that’s a goal threat, that way we have Tavernier, Christie, Anthony, and ??? as good options competing with each other.

I don’t think we can afford to accommodate or plan around Brooks this season. I think we need to manage him carefully and ease him back in gently, and then have him raring to go in pre season next year. Head over heart there. I was more hopeful at the start of the season for him but I’m not sure it’s going to happen for him this year unfortunately.

I don’t actually understand the system we’re using atm either, tbf. I’ve assumed it was a 3 every game but people have been rightly pointing out that Billing has been playing out wide. So I have no idea lol. We need to sign players to compete in and suit our current system and style of play, so in summary we should:
  • Sign 1 Quality striker.
  • Sign 1 Quality winger.
  • Sign a backup LB/LWB (???)
  • Have a loan clear-out to make space for these players.

We need to decide whether we’re shipping certain players out or not first. Our best 11 has Solanke and Moore starting together imo, so another quality striker would be great.

This could easily be a young, promising loanee from another PL club, perhaps. Or a hungry Championship player with a bit more quality and potential. Could Lowe actually step up if we were to play him more and give him a chance?

Marcondes and Dembele; the latter far more likely to be involved imo. Just don’t think Emi is quite good enough. Both are solid championship players, worth keeping if we go down, so loans might be the better option.

Midfield is good, tbh. Think we’re set there, we have the players to compete there and good options off the bench too. Same goes for CB and RB. We could do with a LB potentially, although if we’re playing 3 at the back then Tavernier is competing with Zemura for LWB.

Wingers is tricky. Tavernier is stepping up but Christie isn’t and I’m not convinced by him. Anthony is doing about as much as he can as a squad player competing for a spot. Think we could do with another, proper quality winger with pace that’s a goal threat, that way we have Tavernier, Christie, Anthony, and ??? as good options competing with each other.

I don’t think we can afford to accommodate or plan around Brooks this season. I think we need to manage him carefully and ease him back in gently, and then have him raring to go in pre season next year. Head over heart there. I was more hopeful at the start of the season for him but I’m not sure it’s going to happen for him this year unfortunately.

I don’t actually understand the system we’re using atm either, tbf. I’ve assumed it was a 3 every game but people have been rightly pointing out that Billing has been playing out wide. So I have no idea lol. We need to sign players to compete in and suit our current system and style of play, so in summary we should:
  • Sign 1 Quality striker.
  • Sign 1 Quality winger.
  • Sign a backup LB/LWB (???)
  • Have a loan clear-out to make space for these players.

Bbd from Blackburn, perhaps. Shane they're doing well, in 3rd, otherwise may have accepted 5 mill in Jan, rather than seeing him walk in tge summer.

And yes, if Brooks is available and performing anywhere near to what he was previously at his best that'd be immense. Can't see it happening, this season anyway. So should be considered a bonus, rather than relied on at all.

Last edited:
Bbd from Blackburn, perhaps. Shane they're doing well, in 3rd, otherwise may have accepted 5 mill in Jan, rather than seeing him walk in tge summer.

And yes, if Brooks is available and performing anywhere near to what he was previously at his best that'd be immense. Can't see it happening, this season anyway. So should be considered a bonus, rather than relied on at all.

BBD would be absolutely perfect for us tbh. Very similar in style to Solanke; strong, quick, hardworking, good linkup play. Solanke is a very unique handful for defenders and we look lost without him, so signing a player like him would be great for the balance of the squad.

You never know though, I’d definitely pay £6-8 million even to get him. We’re not the certain bet to go down that was predicted and he could help us stay up. I don’t think Blackburn are going up this season imo.

Hahahaha
Calm down treacle. That response is comedy gold.
Well..I'm not a cosmetic Manu or Saints fan am I...I just happened on marrying someone in Cornwall.. and previously someone in Hull. . I wouldn't be on here if I wasn't passionate about Boscombe..the Cherries...sorry about the stupid violent response but that's the one thing that will wind my clock.!

;