Transport links to Dean Court 1971

It can be done.

Of course it can be done - and increasingly, I'd say it has to be done. When we finally get our new stadium with much bigger attendances, better public transport links are an absolute must.

That may well be a condition of getting permission to expand, to reduce the environmental impact as much as possible. Can't suddenly have an extra 5000 cars descending on Dean Court every matchday - it's just not feasible.

Here in Sussex, BHA run buses from all over the county, and if you prefer to go by train, the fare is included in the match ticket price.

I'd say that is the way forward for AFCB too.

Of course it can be done - and increasingly, I'd say it has to be done. When we finally get our new stadium with much bigger attendances, better public transport links are an absolute must.

That may well be a condition of getting permission to expand, to reduce the environmental impact as much as possible. Can't suddenly have an extra 5000 cars descending on Dean Court every matchday - it's just not feasible.

Here in Sussex, BHA run buses from all over the county, and if you prefer to go by train, the fare is included in the match ticket price.

I'd say that is the way forward for AFCB too.

We’ve seen at other grounds that there’s often little to no parking at any of these stadiums and sometimes little public transport either.

But it would be daft not to utilise Pokesdown train station, Boscombe bus station and the Sovereign Centre car park when they’re on the doorstep.

25 from Westbourne, see if any away fans get on at the train station was always a bit of excitment ! If there was a big group we could always get off the previous stop.................:surrender:

Reopening the old Boscombe station as a halt on matchdays would be ideal.

I live not far from Branksome station and would certainly get the train more if I only had to walk a couple of minutes to the ground.

Not sure if it's possible logistically though.

If the new stadium is going to be at the athletics stadium then there will be not much in it in regards to whether Boscombe or Pokesdown station would be closer according to google. Both 0.6 ish miles.

If I left home now, my phone reliably informs me I can get to DC in 24 minutes via car or 1 hour 4 minutes via public transport…. I’d happily jump on a football bus if it was regular, relatively quick and provided some pre match drinking time (those timings from the 70s were a bit in and out!)

They ran a few football buses in the late nineties for a little while. Not sure how many routes they did, but I got on at Somerford (it may have started at New Milton). The most people who ever got on was eight; on one occasion it was just me!

Reopening the old Boscombe station as a halt on matchdays would be ideal.

I live not far from Branksome station and would certainly get the train more if I only had to walk a couple of minutes to the ground.

Not sure if it's possible logistically though.
I've been banging this drum for years but the world's biggest Travis Perkins seems to have put paid to that ever happening.

That's a lot of people getting there roughly the same time.

I know traffic was different back then but some of those times are cutting it fine

;