Travel to Palace - massive disruption

There’s been a 23% decline in coach use since 2008 so one would imagine a proportionate decline in coach stock as well. Fell away again badly in the pandemic when coach companies didn’t replacing retiring buses or drivers. Shares in National express are down 70% from 2019.

I suppose when you think about it my parents happily went on coach holidays but I’d rather stay at home if that was the option! I think if I offered it to my kids they rather stay at home and pull their eyelashes out!

It seems that this area has fewer coaches to start with. Obviously Sea View went bust a while back and I don't know what happened to Excelsior but they don't seem as prevalent these days. I remember walking past the away coaches once this year, possibly Forest, and they must have had 12-13 coaches. Have we had that many in recent years?

It seems that this area has fewer coaches to start with. Obviously Sea View went bust a while back and I don't know what happened to Excelsior but they don't seem as prevalent these days. I remember walking past the away coaches once this year, possibly Forest, and they must have had 12-13 coaches. Have we had that many in recent years?
I think we’ve solved it between us. The majority of people old enough to want to go on a coach to Bournemouth now live here. There’s still a small minority in Nottingham. :grinning:

There’s been a 23% decline in coach use since 2008 so one would imagine a proportionate decline in coach stock as well. Fell away again badly in the pandemic when coach companies didn’t replacing retiring buses or drivers. Shares in National express are down 70% from 2019.

I suppose when you think about it my parents happily went on coach holidays but I’d rather stay at home if that was the option! I think if I offered it to my kids they rather stay at home and pull their eyelashes out!

Had some good coach holidays abroad with Excelsior years ago.

Sanremo and Nice.

Interlaken.

Can’t beat all night journey, stopping for a break in the middle of the night on a French motorway and then having a wash etc in public conveniences in the morning. ;)

That was just one journey because we had to divert to Heidelberg to pick something up, otherwise they were overnight hotel stops.

These days when we have gone abroad it’s either by train or on cruises from Southampton.

Last year and this year we have/will be holidaying in England.

Lots of lovely scenery and places to go in the UK, as long as we have the good weather.

Had some good coach holidays abroad with Excelsior years ago.

Sanremo and Nice.

Interlaken.

Can’t beat all night journey, stopping for a break in the middle of the night on a French motorway and then having a wash etc in public conveniences in the morning. ;)

That was just one journey because we had to divert to Heidelberg to pick something up, otherwise they were overnight hotel stops.

These days when we have gone abroad it’s either by train or on cruises from Southampton.

Last year and this year we have/will be holidaying in England.

Lots of lovely scenery and places to go in the UK, as long as we have the good weather.

I used overnight coaches a few times when travelling in SE Asia. Absolutely horrific way to travel imo, but then I can't/or barely can sleep unless flat in a bed. So would feel like sh1t on arrival at what should be exciting experience in new places. Particularly as it would usually be 35 degrees plus and world class humidity:D.

I do envy people that can seemingly fall asleep on command anywhere!

I used overnight coaches a few times when travelling in SE Asia. Absolutely horrific way to travel imo, but then I can't/or barely can sleep unless flat in a bed. So would feel like sh1t on arrival at what should be exciting experience in new places. Particularly as it would usually be 35 degrees plus and world class humidity:D.

I do envy people that can seemingly fall asleep on command anywhere!
Me too. I remember telling someone before a flight to Australia that I’d never been able to sleep on a plane before but this should break my duck… but no. 28 hours and two stops later and not a wink of sleep while everyone snore around me. I had to go straight into a wine tasting event (I know… someone’s got to do it) and come the end of that night I was literally hallucinating and having out of body experiences without the help of any class a’s.

I used to have the same problem trying to sleep while flying long flights.
Whenever i take long air flights now I make sure I drink wine with my on board meal, then take a tablet containing the Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride. I also make sure I only slept a few hours the night before. I also try to book a window seat close to the rear of the plane, if your lucky nobody will be in the seat next to you. I have also moved to a row of seats that were empty just before take off, but these days flights seem to be full.

Going back to the original post, I’ve now had the AFCB matchday information for Crystal Palace.

Nothing about the rail strike and the closure of the three stations closest to the ground. There is something about making sure to visit some fanzone in the Car Park. The article does not itself say that you must be the ticket holder and have ID, but relies on you clicking through to another article.

The lack of ability to distinguish what is important from what is not makes me want to weep.

Going back to the original post, I’ve now had the AFCB matchday information for Crystal Palace.

Nothing about the rail strike and the closure of the three stations closest to the ground. There is something about making sure to visit some fanzone in the Car Park. The article does not itself say that you must be the ticket holder and have ID, but relies on you clicking through to another article.

The lack of ability to distinguish what is important from what is not makes me want to weep.
Protecting the PL brand is the most important.

;