Trip down memory lane

It’s such a shame this is the only game sky still show of our 5 year stint. All because it came against Klopp’s Liverpool.

I know they choose games that interest other clubs fans but for me we had many more games that I enjoyed more.

The 4-3 with West Ham, 3-3 with Everton, the Chelsea and Man Utd double week, the 4-0 over Chelsea etc but the Liverpool comeback is permanently on demand and reshown on a regular basis.

75 min on comes Afobe for Gosling
76 min Fraser makes it 2-3
78 min Cook makes it 3-3
93 min Ake makes it 4-3
all the Scousers in Boscombe got a cob on, because little old Bournemouth beat the mighty reds.

It’s such a shame this is the only game sky still show of our 5 year stint. All because it came against Klopp’s Liverpool.

I know they choose games that interest other clubs fans but for me we had many more games that I enjoyed more.

The 4-3 with West Ham, 3-3 with Everton, the Chelsea and Man Utd double week, the 4-0 over Chelsea etc but the Liverpool comeback is permanently on demand and reshown on a regular basis.
For me it has to be the 4-3 at Upton Park. Broke our PL virginity, glorious hot day, every man jack played out of their skins and we really did play football the Bournemouth way that day. Close run between that and the Chelsea 1-0 away for the tension, the guts shown by the defence and Glenn Murray’s only real contribution.

78 min Cook makes it 3-3
93 min Ake makes it 4-3
all the Scousers in Boscombe got a cob on, because little old Bournemouth beat the mighty reds.
72 minutes, left a pub in Chichester having had a get-together with family, only to get a bollocking from the missus in the car park for ignoring everyone and being more interested in the football.
98 minutes, nearly crashed the car on the A27 when one of the kids pipes up in the back that we'd won 4-3

78 min Cook makes it 3-3
93 min Ake makes it 4-3
Not many managers would have sent Ake up in the 93rd minute after drawing level....I think Cookie got the assist!.....lol....sigh.

For me it has to be the 4-3 at Upton Park. Broke our PL virginity, glorious hot day, every man jack played out of their skins and we really did play football the Bournemouth way that day. Close run between that and the Chelsea 1-0 away for the tension, the guts shown by the defence and Glenn Murray’s only real contribution.

Or the second 1-0 win when Gosling scored "that" VAR goal. We were really injury hit that day and i didn't give us prayer when i set off for Stamford Bridge.

This game stood out for me, we were up in London for Christmas at my sons and came back on Boxing Day.

Traffic was a real nightmare, stop, go, stop, go, didn’t think we would get back in time, but we did.

What a game that was, remember Adam Smith played left back as Simon Francis was on the right and he had a good game.

It was a real nail biter right up to the final whistle, with one side in the lead then the other, great night of entertaining football in the pouring rain.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles...ighlights-afc-bournemouth-3-3-west-ham-united

Last edited:
This game stood out for me, we were up in London for Christmas at my sons and came back on Boxing Day.

Traffic was a real nightmare, stop, go, stop, go, didn’t think we would get back in time, but we did.

What a game that was, remember Adam Smith played left back as Simon Francis was on the right and he had a good game.

It was a real nail biter right up to the final whistle, with one side in the lead then the other, great night of entertaining football in the pouring rain.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles...ighlights-afc-bournemouth-3-3-west-ham-united

One of my only two home PL games. The hand of god from Callum Wilson match wasn't it.

One of my only two home PL games. The hand of god from Callum Wilson match wasn't it.

Not sure on the video clip if it is clear, but this from BBC report.

West Ham were incensed by the decision, feeling not only that Wilson had been in an offside position when Ake's header skimmed across the goal, but also that his vital touch was handball.

Not sure on the video clip if it is clear, but this from BBC report.

West Ham were incensed by the decision, feeling not only that Wilson had been in an offside position when Ake's header skimmed across the goal, but also that his vital touch was handball.

Just made it difficult for himself. I could see from where I was sat, just to the NS side of the main stand, that Ake's header was going in anyway.

Should have just said it was going in anyway and he didn't feel it hit is hand.

;