Triple Celtic swoop?

Well to be fair one of Brendan Rodgers main strengths is his coaching and enhancing players ability. The issue with Sinclair is not ability, it's more to do with confidence, one bad passage of play and he hides ....and he hides alot !

As for Tierney, seriously forget him, he's absolutely Celtic daft and it would take a silly amount of money for him to move. McGregor's been an absolute stalwart, easily the pick of a very good Celtic midfield this season. Would McGregor move , maybe in the future but I doubt Celtic would entertain any lowball offers for him especially with the form he's in and the difficulty in replacing our most versatile midfielder. He's currently keeping the club captain out of the team as well. McGregor is a another graduate of our youth system and Celtic through and through, although maybe not as much as Tierney but nevertheless it would take a helluva good move for him to consider leaving in the near future.

As for the 'source' ,it's the Scottish Sun...desperate for clickbait like most tabloids ......

Last edited:
January will more likely be a case of going around the top 6 and looking for a 6 month loan midfielder or right back. At most we'll reignite talks with an already established target like Mepham (although he's had a poor season so far from what bits I've seen).

I also haven't been overly impressed by Mepham so far this season.

He's obviously confident on the ball, passes well and brings it out nicely, but defensively he needs improvement.

He also has been playing on the left side of a centre back pairing, which with Nathan Ake and Tyrone Mings as options there isn't the priority.

I also haven't been overly impressed by Mepham so far this season.

He's obviously confident on the ball, passes well and brings it out nicely, but defensively he needs improvement.

He also has been playing on the left side of a centre back pairing, which with Nathan Ake and Tyrone Mings as options there isn't the priority.

Think mepham’s value has dipped based on current performances

Think mepham’s value has dipped based on current performances

The cause of his bad form may be down to the fact that he knows that Premier League clubs are watching him and so has unsettled him as it would any player.

The Celtic links are nice enough but I can't see any of them landing. Maybe Sinclair could be one that would be cheap enough and that Eddie could give some confidence back to. Tierney won't leave Celtic unless maybe it was a real massive top club somewhere else. McGregor, an interesting name to consider, could be a good signing but he's playing every game and they are still in Europe, so not sure he would go anywhere until at least next summer.

The cause of his bad form may be down to the fact that he knows that Premier League clubs are watching him and so has unsettled him as it would any player.

Maybe the case but not all players would be as affected as you state they would. Some would thrive on it. Transfer fee was inflated last season but harder to justify now.

Clearly issues at Brentford at the moment that pre-date the change of manager.

;