Twitter season ticket comment storm!

davygravy

Fans' Favourite
For those that don't Tweet....the following comment was posted yesterday and its really annoyed me! And several others too. I won't add his name on here but this is what he said:

"Very reluctantly just renewed our 2 season tickets for @afcbournemouth next season, afraid the love has gone #GamesGone & really only renewed to stop a plastic getting our seats! A shame but that's the money grabbing, don't give a sh*t about fans world of @premierleague #afcb"

Many problems with this.

1] Spending £1100 [ what he said was the cost ] to do something you don't enjoy seems tasteless to me, when so many would love that kind of spare change hanging around.
2] The biggie - 'only renewed to stop a plastic getting our seats'. :confused::confused::confused: Wrong on many levels. We all had to start somewhere. We all moaned in the old days that more people didn't come to see us, now we get fools like this moaning when people do get interested. Who cares if it took success to grab their attention? Happens at every club in the land. The trick now is to keep their interest, so as and when we go back down, they've got the bug and will stick around. By not getting tickets now, they have less reason to stay enthusiastic in a lower division. But also, the seats could be used by long time fans who have not been able to get tickets recently for various reasons and would love the chance to get to see a game again.
3] 'don't give a sh*t about fans world'.....written by someone who clearly does not give a sh*t about fans.

He then gets all defensive when questioned by others. He actually said that he HAD to renew so a recent fan couldn't get his seats! Like it was the law or something. Has no idea how selfish he is being. The comment made me quite cross to be honest!

Maybe its a good idea to find out why this fan has got into this frame of mind ..and maybe there are other others like it...and something can be done about it ...somehow!
Ive never heard anything so weird regarding club support.
I cant imagine that even at Newcastle or West Ham where disputes have occurred amongst fans !

For someone who has followed this club for 62 years and seen some really poor football in that time, this seems strange not wanting to renew.

Never thought we would get into the Premier League so quickly when not that long back we were fighting to have a club to support and also not go down into the non league.

We basically changed places with Pompey, as we were on the rise and they were going the other way.

The seasons watching our club getting promoted until we actually reached the top league have been very enjoyable and entertaining, we have seen some of the best football our club have ever played.

Everybody has their reasons for not renewing, once the seat has gone unless we move to a larger stadium, that seat will be lost, so maybe that was also at the back of their minds.

It's not very well worded but I have a tinge of sympathy with him. The premier league is the antithesis of everything we've grown up with watching the Cherries and next season VAR is going to ruin the game. Of course it's great being in the top flight and long may it continue but the enjoyment and thrills are not what they were.

I only hesitated once. When Groves was in charge. I missed the deadline. Then decided I had to, went over and found my seat wasn't available.

Then a voice from the office said 'I've saved it for you. I knew you'd want it'.

Those were the days.

It's not very well worded but I have a tinge of sympathy with him. The premier league is the antithesis of everything we've grown up with watching the Cherries and next season VAR is going to ruin the game. Of course it's great being in the top flight and long may it continue but the enjoyment and thrills are not what they were.

That isn't really my issue with what he said though. Renew or don't renew, that is his choice. But to go out of his way to state he didn't want to....but still spent 1k+...just to stop someone else getting it, that he fears may be a new fan....he comes across as a bit of a twit, to say the least. Just make his decision quietly.

That isn't really my issue with what he said though. Renew or don't renew, that is his choice. But to go out of his way to state he didn't want to....but still spent 1k+...just to stop someone else getting it, that he fears may be a new fan....he comes across as a bit of a twit, to say the least. Just make his decision quietly.

Exactly - why does he feel the need to share this with the World?

He’s not actually spending £1k to spite anyone. He was always going to spend that but he just wants to attention seek...which seems to be the purpose of social media

....must admit I was half tempted to turn in my ST, due to the amount of time that I give to supporting AFCB and how life as one gets older becomes more precious in terms of what you may wish to do with your weekends? I do miss afew games through travelling and stuff...and it is because of the pain I feel when I am standing on a foreign train platform sadly adorning my AFCB shirt whilst tracking the AFCB v Spurs score on bet365's graphic! or trying desperately to find a foreign bar that will be showing AFCB v Leicester City or similar....this is what makes me renew as I hate missing being at DC in the heat of the battle!

;