Tyrone Mings

The only out and out defender we have, happy to hit row Z...maybe he needs to be playing as when not he seems more injury prone.....

Didn't we sign Mepham as Ake's potential replacement?....as it stands without Ake we'll have 2 right sided cbs in Franno and Mepham and 2 left sided cbs in Cookie and Simpson......i think Simpson has more potential than Mings tbh.

Didn't we sign Mepham as Ake's potential replacement?....as it stands without Ake we'll have 2 right sided cbs in Franno and Mepham and 2 left sided cbs in Cookie and Simpson......i think Simpson has more potential than Mings tbh.

I would think Mepham is the replacement for Simon Francis who is 34 and recovering from an ACL.

I have to disagree with that. Simpson looks like a League 1 defender to me- he is only able to kick with 1 foot, and you just cannot get away with that at the top level

Problem is if they get promotion would he want to play in front of 12000 at best or nearly 40000
I can guess and it ain’t us

This loan move was meant to be the making of Mings. First step, stay fit and play regular football.

Second step, build form and learn the role whilst fit.

He’s passing both steps with flying colours right now and he will come back a much better player because of it.

That’s to our and his benefit. Hopefully he will come back into the squad and Howe will feel confident enough to have Mings as an option to play a back three on a regular basis when the right games come.

If we lose Ake then he will also have the chance to step up.

Would definitely keep off the back of him doing very well at Villa. Even if we don’t really play him (use him as an option if people lose form) and with the threat of Ake going at some point, where else would be get a £10-15mil defender (like I would argue he is) to play backup?

This loan move was meant to be the making of Mings. First step, stay fit and play regular football.

He’s passing both steps with flying colours right now and he will come back a much better player because of it.

That’s to our and his benefit. Hopefully he will come back into the squad and Howe will feel confident enough to have Mings as an option to play a back three on a regular basis when the right games come.

I think this loan move was to look to move him on with no serious buyer coming forward. The fact he was so far out of the team makes me think he definitely isn’t in the plans, whatever he does. Though this is conjecture, just how I see it.

I have to disagree with that. Simpson looks like a League 1 defender to me- he is only able to kick with 1 foot, and you just cannot get away with that at the top level
Plenty of players have made a living in this league kicking with one foot tbf......Giggs for instance and perhaps another welshman a certain David Brooks only uses his right foot for standing on.

The fact only 4 months ago people were happy to cut our losses shows how far Mings has come if we are talking as much as £15m for him now.

I like Simpson but the jury is still out. He looks composed in some games but slightly out of his depth in others. Interesting to see how he recovers from his first real mistake on Saturday but my preference is to develop him as our LCB of the future.

If Aké does leave this summer, then Mings would now appear ready to step in for the short term at least.

I voted to keep him but my investment background tells me to "sell high". He was worth not a lot a few months ago. If the 15M offer does come in, selling becomes very tempting.

i’ve seen it written a few times that the loan to villa was with a view to a permanent deal, and dean smith even confirmed it himself

i have a feeling that mings’ bridge is irreparably burnt with eh and afcb and we’d won’t see him back here however well he’s doing at villa

Appreciate what you’re saying but fear our hand may be forced, would love him to stay but can see him pushing for the move.

Very pleased for mings to play consistent games without injuries.
It was just what he needed , back playing the game he loves.
Sadly ( for us ) I think if Villa get promoted he will sign a perm deal with them as he's loved his time there and is already a fans favourite and captain in the wings.
sometimes certain clubs just are not for certain players for one reason or another.

If he goes I wish him the very best , if he stays we have to play him !.

;