Tyrone Mings

Hopefully we will get a nice grinning smile photo of him holding up a Villa shirt today.

Question is will he still be wearing his old one?

We would still stay in the Premier without them. Have faith.

One factor that is quoted re a new ground is that, on average, the season after a new ground is opened the home club get ten less points at home over a season than the previous one at the old stadium. In afcb’s case that could be the difference between staying up and going down. We saw this for ourselves with the new dean court.

Mings has all the physical attributes to make him a beast in the championship, what lets him down is his positional sense and ability to defend when a player is running at him with the ball at their feet. In the few times that he did play for us these weaknesses were evident.

Maybe John Terry can help him develop his positional play and mental strength.

Meanwhile over at NSC . Infrastructure are obviously gobsmacked at the Mings fee. They are already calling Villa next season's Fulham.

Villa have no choice but to spend big. We were lacking in quality with an ageing squad - Jedinak, Hutton, Whelan. Or loan players - elGhazi, Tammy, Hause, Tyrone.

We basically were left with Grealish and McGinn

The overinflated price paid by Villa, is entirely due to their idiot fans who spent the last 4 months gushing mountains afte rmountains of praise on Mings, and even one supporter saying the club should pay £100mil to get him. Had they kept quiet they could have got him for £5-10m. They would never make even half decent negotiators.

Sorry, no, he's not a patch on Martin Laursen. One of the best CB's I've seen play live in the PL.

Mings could/should be better than Dunne or Collins but, as he's yet to have a run of games in the PL, the jury is very much out.

Paul McGrath? All Villa fans I know vote him as their best ever defender.

Great money for us. Think he'll do continue to do well at Villa, and if he can be a big part of a defence that keeps them up, then it's easily worth it. Good luck to him.

Franno CRB
Kelly CLB (unclear if bought as LB or CLB however)

They say Kelly could be a great centre back some day, so I would imagine he's been bought in to cover LCB and LB.....

So we have Cook and Ake first choice....then Franno and Mepham as back up....with Simpson and Kelly also able to slot in. That is probably enough for a club like ours?

RB: Smithy and Stacey.....LB: Kelly, Daniels, Rico....

Think I would be ok with all of this and use money spare for the keeper and someone else in centre mid.

Awwwwww bet your mommy is proud of what she dragged up oh well never mind

If you can’t take a bit of banter, you shouldn’t log onto other teams forums.

To be honest, for what TM inferred about our club and the medical staff, I think he’s getting off lightly from our supporters.

....gone...gone...gone....and it was disappointing that he couldn't 'cut it' here, but can we stop going on about it now please?

£26 Million.......pinch me I still can't believe we got that much for him !

;