Tyrone Mings

I do like how nonchalantly Mings said he took an injection to see him through the game. Whenever I ask my players to take an injection on Football Manager they usually kick off.

On a serious note, injections aren’t really a long term solution for an injury. And of course, if they a pro cyclist, they would get savaged by the media for taking one

Thought mings had some good moments but also made some really bad errors that could have been punished by goals. Got away with it tonight.

Thought mings had some good moments but also made some really bad errors that could have been punished by goals. Got away with it tonight.

Did a very good job of impersonating the England cricket batting from earlier in the day. Lots of swinging and missing and edging it towards danger.

Decent enough performance if playing through pain though. Long term though it’s not looking brilliant for him if pain killing injections are a regular thing.

That game was Mings in a microcosm - weird injury, booted someone in the head, looked imposing in parts, lots of dodgy moments.

I thought he was excellent last week and he's definitely not a terrible player... but Ake is head and shoulders above him (so to speak).

Villa look good! Maybe Sheffield Utd and Villa are better than we expected and so thus are we?
Early days still, there's a certain 'bedding in' for the first few matches of the season...We'll get to see soon enough though. Norwich have impressed, particularly with Pukki. I agree Villa look good and Sheffield U too. The wave of euphoria resulting from promotion lifts many newly promoted teams and it can see them through to survival or better. E.g., Ipswich Town finished 5th in the Prem in 2001 after coming 3rd in the old Division 1 the previous season. That was quite an achievement but sadly didn't last long. The following season they finished 18th and haven't been back to Premier land since....
The Mings scenario is really interesting. He's a colossus but you do wonder about his ability to stay fit and avoid trouble. Lots of long hoof-balls last night which didn't always find his own team mates, it's still effective as a form of defence in my opinion. I'd rather that than dilly dallying and getting caught out.

That game was Mings in a microcosm - weird injury, booted someone in the head, looked imposing in parts, lots of dodgy moments.

I thought he was excellent last week and he's definitely not a terrible player... but Ake is head and shoulders above him (so to speak).

Media love him. Wouldn’t surprise me if we receive another payment from Villa soon for that first England appearance.

Odd considering Steve Cook is much more a complete centre back as well but doesn’t appear to get a look in regarding Southgate.

Media love him. Wouldn’t surprise me if we receive another payment from Villa soon for that first England appearance.

Odd considering Steve Cook is much more a complete centre back as well but doesn’t appear to get a look in regarding Southgate.

Weak management, letting the media pick the team because he’s flavour of the month.

Still that’s another add on ticked off.

;