u21

• Thread starter Deleted member 754
  • Start date
Whether it's entirely Rammers' fault or not, that was some bad communication between keeper and defender which resulted in both Slovenian goals.
Maybe he told the defender to clear it and he didn't, but it looked like Ramsdale should have come for the ball instead of backing off.
Ouch!

When there's bad communication between the defender and keeper about whether a defender should clear it or leave it then that's generally the keepers fault. He should be screaming absolutely unequivocal directions to the defender and the defender should do what he's told.

You can tell when the defender hasn't done as he's told as the keepers normally have an absolute meltdown at them. Sadly AR was a little muted so my guess is he wasn't as clear as he should have been.

When there's bad communication between the defender and keeper about whether a defender should clear it or leave it then that's generally the keepers fault. He should be screaming absolutely unequivocal directions to the defender and the defender should do what he's told.

You can tell when the defender hasn't done as he's told as the keepers normally have an absolute meltdown at them. Sadly AR was a little muted so my guess is he wasn't as clear as he should have been.

I agree that the keeper is the senior party in those discussions, but you can lead a horse to water. Rambo has been pretty vocal and definitely not shy for us, so having not seen the game, I'll blindly claim he is just as vocal and domineering for England

;