UEFA Coefficient / 8th place qualifying for Europe this season

kirsikka

UTC Legend
Weird to be even discussing this with AFCB in mind but, unfortunately, the big clubs have let us down and dropped the ball by getting knocked out in the last round or earlier of the European competitions.

Now, for England to get a fifth CL place next season which would mean 8th qualifying for Europe as well instead of only 7th, we need a bunch of results to go our way and for Villa to have a glorious end to their European campaign.

Bayern Munich v Real Madrid
Borussia Dortmund v PSG
Bayer Leverkusen v Roma

If the German teams can get two wins or one win and two draws between them across their remaining matches then they get the extra place. And that's a win or a draw in any individual leg, not on aggregate. So, with your AFCB hat on, you should be cheering on Real Madrid, PSG, and Roma.

Meanwhile, it's Aston Villa v Olympiacos and we need them to win both legs outright and then win the final outright as well. No drawn legs or penalties in the final.

Got all that?

It starts tonight with Bayern Munich v Real Madrid.

Weird to be even discussing this with AFCB in mind but, unfortunately, the big clubs have let us down and dropped the ball by getting knocked out in the last round or earlier of the European competitions.

Now, for England to get a fifth CL place next season which would mean 8th qualifying for Europe as well instead of only 7th, we need a bunch of results to go our way and for Villa to have a glorious end to their European campaign.

Bayern Munich v Real Madrid
Borussia Dortmund v PSG
Bayer Leverkusen v Roma

If the German teams can get two wins or one win and two draws between them across their remaining matches then they get the extra place. And that's a win or a draw in any individual leg, not on aggregate. So, with your AFCB hat on, you should be cheering on Real Madrid, PSG, and Roma.

Meanwhile, it's Aston Villa v Olympiacos and we need them to win both legs outright and then win the final outright as well. No drawn legs or penalties in the final.

Got all that?

It starts tonight with Bayern Munich v Real Madrid.
That’s far more complicated than the Villa fan down the road made out last week!
It would be absolutely wonderful to qualify obviously but I think it will be to soon, I hope that doesn’t come across as entitled? Let’s earn it outright next season and that would also, hopefully, be incentive for Iraola to stay on

Next season would have been too early. (I have no leave left). This is something for us all to look forward to in the 2025/26 season.

Next season would have been too early. (I have no leave left). This is something for us all to look forward to in the 2025/26 season.
Only City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Villa have picked up more points than us since our boys clicked with the Iraola way and got our first win v. Burnley. Bodes well for 24/25- I’d renegotiate your contract if I were you.

;