ULEZ

A disgrace. For example, 60% of particulates harmful to human health come from brakes and tyres, so EVs have that issue. EVs also have the issue that their production is significantly more energy intense and requires minerals that involve deforestation and child labour. Oh and electrifying all cars will involve the burning of more and more coal - consumption of which has hit record highs, all thanks to nonsense virtue signalling like this. Pushing people to upgrade cars is hardly environmentally friendly either . And it is a tax on the poor not the rich. It is purely virtue signalling and I am amazed at how we get led along these paths

HAHAHA fallen for the right wing bullsh1t hook line and sinker :D :D

A disgrace. For example, 60% of particulates harmful to human health come from brakes and tyres, so EVs have that issue

EVs use 80% less brake wear as they do not use the brake pads 80% of the time as they convert braking energy into stored energy. So you should be encouraging the use of EVs if thats a concern for you.

EVs also have the issue that their production is significantly more energy intense and requires minerals that involve deforestation and child labour.

How far up the oil industries ass do you have to be to think that battery requires more minerals and deforestation than the oil industry? Its not even close to 1%. Meanwhile chetnik...guess what industry uses more colbolt (historic child labour) than any other industry? Thats right...the oil industry. It has mined colbolt for over 100 years and is still the biggest user (its used in the refining process) but suddenly EV haters are concerned for the kids. Meanwhile...the majority of new EV batteries do not use cobolt so maybe time you started a campaign against the oil industry.

Oh and electrifying all cars will involve the burning of more and more coal - consumption of which has hit record highs, all thanks to nonsense virtue signalling like this.
Are you actually on here suggesting coal consumption has hit record highs? :D :D :D In 2012 43% of the electricty used in the UK was from coal. Last year it was 1%. Let that sink in....just for a moment. You are throwing out nonsense like "record highs" to get nods of approval from your equally naive friends. Not once did you think...you know what, that doesnt sound right, maybe I should cut and past this to the Bournemouth forum?

Like, do you go around Facebook posting this crap and people lap it up?

Are you actually on here suggesting coal consumption has hit record highs? :D :D :D In 2012 43% of the electricty used in the UK was from coal. Last year it was 1%. Let that sink in....just for a moment. You are throwing out nonsense like "record highs" to get nods of approval from your equally naive friends. Not once did you think...you know what, that doesnt sound right, maybe I should cut and past this to the Bournemouth forum?

Like, do you go around Facebook posting this crap and people lap it up?

Coal consumption has actually hit record highs druss.

I checked today and I would be exempt but if, and is is a very big if, I drove in London I would still be hit with the congestion charge. Another rip off.

To be fair..I wouldn't dream of driving in the congestion charge zone. Far easier to use public transport.

Whilst this may be factually accurate, in terms of the reasoning behind the policy, emissions that impact on local air quality also impact on the worldwide climate. The two are inextricably linked

But are felt more keenly in built up areas. Also, a higher impact on school children in those areas.

Whenever I go to Copenhagen I always use public transport (amazing service) stress free and cheaper than looking for a parking space then having to use a parking app.
When I lived there I had two bikes, parked in different areas. You can also take bikes on trains and buses not sure about the new metro which runs 24/7.
  • You must purchase a Bicycle Ticket when you bring bicycles to the metro. Bicycles are not allowed in the metro during rush hour, which is Monday through Friday from 07-09 and 15:30-17.30.
  • https://intl.m.dk/travel-information/

Coal consumption has actually hit record highs druss.

Globally thanks mostly to China despite what their propaganda would have you believe.

I think he's talking nationally as it's unlikely you'd be charging your car in China.
A disgrace. For example, 60% of particulates harmful to human health come from brakes and tyres, so EVs have that issue. EVs also have the issue that their production is significantly more energy intense and requires minerals that involve deforestation and child labour. Oh and electrifying all cars will involve the burning of more and more coal - consumption of which has hit record highs, all thanks to nonsense virtue signalling like this. Pushing people to upgrade cars is hardly environmentally friendly either . And it is a tax on the poor not the rich. It is purely virtue signalling and I am amazed at how we get led along these paths

Just to expand on Druss' points. EV engines have longer lives and lower maintenance costs. I've read some unbelievably high milleages but don't think there's the bulk of data to get hard numbers.The battery range does suffer so theres a cost there but the batteries themselves can be repurposed for home storage helping homes level out the peaks and troughs of demand and renewable generation.

I’m really struggling with all of this. Climate change, global warming, the destruction of the planet should not be a right/left argument but an argument about how we cope going forward. However, it appears that the right wing thinkers on this forum come up with a myriad of excuses to rubbish all initiatives to combat our inevitable destruction. One could come to the conclusion that their middle class lives are more important than the biggest threat humanity has ever faced.

I’m really struggling with all of this. Climate change, global warming, the destruction of the planet should not be a right/left argument but an argument about how we cope going forward. However, it appears that the right wing thinkers on this forum come up with a myriad of excuses to rubbish all initiatives to combat our inevitable destruction. One could come to the conclusion that their middle class lives are more important than the biggest threat humanity has ever faced.
Nail...head.

Science should never be a left or right subject but apparently in recent years denying science has become politically acceptable.

Stanley saying it shouldn’t be a right/left argument, and then goes on to blame the right wing thinkers.
Lol

Stanley saying it shouldn’t be a right/left argument, and then goes on to blame the right wing thinkers.
Lol

Pretty sure hes referring to the likes of the COVID deniers, climate deniers, anti EVers.

If you could point to some "left" leaning anti science rhetoric we could discuss it. But over recent years, science has only been a problem to one group in the main.

Desperate for votes. Politicians only care about their careers and will take whatever routes keep them on the gravy train the longest.

The Tory Graph and Dail Fail have spent months ramping up the anti ev propaganda and fake facts becuse the cons see green policies as the new EU...they think there are enough votes being created by the crap their papers spit out on the daily that they can swing enough votes back.

;