ULEZ

Beautiful thanks again mate.

She's fortunate to have extra week or two off each full term holiday, and it's amazing/disgusting how much the price changes compared to exactly the same flight/hotel package compared to a week or two later when most the other schools break up.

I've been to the Philippines a couple of times, amazing islands to explore, much less tourism than Thailand.
You have to fly to manila then onto the islands, but worth the extra effort.

Only been on one canal holiday and that was on the Avon & Kennet canal, getting on for 25 years ago with my wife, son and our dog Sam.

Hired a narrow boat from a place near Devizes called Foxhangers, once we got used to the ropes really enjoyed it

We went down to Bath and back, moored up outside a pub one night, stopped off another night at Bradford-on-Avon and someone who was already moored up helped us and gave us tips on how to tie the boat allowing for the drop in tide. Found this on the canal how others were helping those of us less experienced during our trip down the canal.
We’ve just been on the Kennet & Avon and then down the Thames to Windsor via Henley and Marlowe. Very lucky with the weather too. We’ve always found the majority of people on the canals and rivers are very helpful and friendly.

We were thinking of Phuket but the air fares are so expensive, double the price to Kenya.
Too many tourists there too, mostly Russian, and for what I've heard tourists get ripped off rotten by the locals.

We had no issues in Phuket. We were based down in Nai harn which was quieter. Patong is the busier part but still worth a visit. Yes plenty of Russians but also Australians, Chinese and Brits. For us it was worth it for the Islands (James Bond island etc) which were stunning. It used to be good value but perhaps not so nowadays with the cost of getting there.

Having done it we wouldn't return (perhaps Khao Lak) as there are simply too many other places to visit.

How so?

Btw I don't particularly consider you to be someone who does either so wasn't particularly referring to you as a hypocrite.
I think we all judge though.

And yes I could probably do more. I probably over-justify why I do things for obvious reasons if that makes sense? In truth I could/should try harder.

I think we all judge though.

And yes I could probably do more. I probably over-justify why I do things for obvious reasons if that makes sense? In truth I could/should try harder.

Yeah we're all bloody hypocrites in one way or another.

Yes it does make sense. Despite my pessimism over how likely it is that humans will sort it out I still try and make good decisions. I deliberately don't own my own car because I don't need one, on the flip side the car I do drive is a bit of a guzzler for the same reasons yours is.

Alex Brown, director of Skyports Drone Services, said: "By leveraging drone technology, we are revolutionising mail services in remote communities, providing more efficient and timely delivery, and helping to reduce the requirement for emissions-producing vehicles.

Alex Brown, director of Skyports Drone Services, said: "By leveraging drone technology, we are revolutionising mail services in remote communities, providing more efficient and timely delivery, and helping to reduce the requirement for emissions-producing vehicles.

The Highlands and Islands was always a logistical nightmare.

HAHAHA fallen for the right wing bullsh1t hook line and sinker :D :D

EVs use 80% less brake wear as they do not use the brake pads 80% of the time as they convert braking energy into stored energy. So you should be encouraging the use of EVs if thats a concern for you.

How far up the oil industries ass do you have to be to think that battery requires more minerals and deforestation than the oil industry? Its not even close to 1%. Meanwhile chetnik...guess what industry uses more colbolt (historic child labour) than any other industry? Thats right...the oil industry. It has mined colbolt for over 100 years and is still the biggest user (its used in the refining process) but suddenly EV haters are concerned for the kids. Meanwhile...the majority of new EV batteries do not use cobolt so maybe time you started a campaign against the oil industry.

Are you actually on here suggesting coal consumption has hit record highs? :D :D :D In 2012 43% of the electricty used in the UK was from coal. Last year it was 1%. Let that sink in....just for a moment. You are throwing out nonsense like "record highs" to get nods of approval from your equally naive friends. Not once did you think...you know what, that doesnt sound right, maybe I should cut and past this to the Bournemouth forum?

Like, do you go around Facebook posting this crap and people lap it up?
If you could spell cobalt, I might listen to you. Worldwide consumption of coal was my point .

A brilliant use of technology. It’ll be interesting to see how it fares in winter.

My employer heavily invested in this and looking into the integration of drones , air taxis etc in the future…

If you could spell cobalt, I might listen to you. Worldwide consumption of coal was my point .
Oh no, I type with sausage fingers. I'll hand my degree back...

If that was your point, why on earth were you talking about us buying EVs? What relevance has it to the discussion on EVs since we wouldn't be powering EVs on coal so it would make zero difference to us.

I know why you raised it, just as the same reason you raised the nonsense about brake dust. Meanwhile you are a pro Putin (his name is a proper noun so you capitalise it) stooge who is so far right you are coming back full circle.

Last edited:
Only been on one canal holiday and that was on the Avon & Kennet canal, getting on for 25 years ago with my wife, son and our dog Sam.

Hired a narrow boat from a place near Devizes called Foxhangers, once we got used to the ropes really enjoyed it

We went down to Bath and back, moored up outside a pub one night, stopped off another night at Bradford-on-Avon and someone who was already moored up helped us and gave us tips on how to tie the boat allowing for the drop in tide. Found this on the canal how others were helping those of us less experienced during our trip down the canal.
BTK,

You went in the opposite direction and decided to give the Caen Hill Locks 'challenge' a miss!!? There are some lovely pubs on the canal side on the way to Bath.

BTK,

You went in the opposite direction and decided to give the Caen Hill Locks 'challenge' a miss!!? There are some lovely pubs on the canal side on the way to Bath.

It certainly is a nice stretch of water down to Bath, we didn’t go into the centre of Bath but moored up just outside by a park which you walk through to get into Bath.

Those Caen Hill Locks for beginners looked very daunting.

;