Umbrellas

Maybe the club were worried that some pissed-up £139 ticket holder might mistake a brollie for the hospitality tent and agressively insist that the user give him some more 'stadium food'

Here's a cheeky cheeky twist on the thread...to create a Forum Monday Mood.

What we can think about post - Brollygate ;

. and this is NOT creative writing practice goonery but some serious Oomph . .
......The POINTS we need to pick up at Brighton after splashing out tons of MONEY on players across the Planet....and the polarisation of all the aggression between Bosombe Forum members young and old, condensed and pointed eastwards towards the sand - deficient area of Sussex and its slack - @rsed inhabitants.

Set...Brace .. Aim :punch:

I don’t like wearing a coat, especially if it’s a warm day. So I took an umbrella to walk to the shed and then the game. Took it into the ground with no problem. And it’s a proper size umbrella with many colours. I can’t be doing with those stupid small umbrellas.

Person in front of me went in with an umbrella also.
The whole process of getting into the ground is stupid.

This topic of prohibited items inside a football ground reminds me of the funniest sign I ever saw outside a turnstile at Stoke. There was a huge board, with pictures and the words for everything you couldn't take in. All the usual stuff, of course, but then, at the bottom - Step Ladders! Still laugh about that now.
Regarding the use of umbrellas, as a wearer of specs, perfectly acceptable imo.

Find the umbrella debate bizarre, bordering on embarrassing, especially the idea that it isn’t “manly” or even “heterosexual” to use it. I am ok to get a bit wet if need be but think nothing of using an umbrella to avoid getting drenched. Maybe usage is correlated with IQ?

Wait what ???

I can't take a "Firearm", "Knife, blade or other weapon" or "Illegal Substance" into the ground. No wonder the atmosphere is getting worse.
View attachment 11838

This whole woke thing is getting out of hand.

What's the workd coming to when you can't enter a football stadium or walk around your neighbourhood equipped with an ak47. Whatever next, tssk.

Ha... memories. I used to swim as a kid each week at Kinson swimming baths. Recall that sign that had things you couldn't do such as bomb into pool, run around and petting/heavy petting.

Not sure when/what era it originated in, but obviously a polite term for all physical 'interaction' with the opposite sex.(No way same sex couples would behave like that in public back then... particularly at somewhere like Kinson swimming baths. Most certainly no umbrellas donned by men either, unless you wanted a brick in ykur face or end up ambushed by 'real men' leaping out of a mini bus with baseball bats.

Don't think I ever saw that term anywhere else. 'Petting' ha!.

Last edited:
Ha... memories. I used to swim as a kid each week at Kinson swimming baths. Recall that sign that had things you couldn't do such as bomb into pool, run around and petting/heavy petting.

Don't think I ever saw that term anywhere else.

Stokewood specifically outlawed heavy petting, their sign did not say anything about regular petting.

Stokewood specifically outlawed heavy petting, their sign did not say anything about regular petting.

Interesting to know. Guess arm round your partner is fine, perhaps with the odd peck on their lips in socially acceptable wayHands all over each over in certain areas... better wait till you're back home or in a dark corner of a nightclub.

This topic of prohibited items inside a football ground reminds me of the funniest sign I ever saw outside a turnstile at Stoke. There was a huge board, with pictures and the words for everything you couldn't take in. All the usual stuff, of course, but then, at the bottom - Step Ladders! Still laugh about that now.
Regarding the use of umbrellas, as a wearer of specs, perfectly acceptable imo.

Wonder if the San Siro has a 'no scooters' sign now...

Perhaps a good idea to mention no cars/automobiles too as I imagine some will get p1ssed off if they're not allowed to casually drive into the stadium in a car.

;