Unrestricted View at Palace

onenilup

First Team
I feel like another rant about yesterday:

Our seats yesterday meant that we had a bloody great big pillar obscuring our view of the middle third of the pitch. Yesterday wasn't a cheap day out & I couldn't believe that Palace weren't selling these seats as lower cost restricted view. Robbing bar stewards....

Others around us posted picture(s) on Twitter.

So apologies in advance to our ticket office - you'll be hearing from me about this on Tuesday.

Can someone explain why I ended up with an adult and a senior concession in the family section which is a small enclosed area in the back corner of block R. It was obviously not requested and no explanation was given when they were purchased from the ticket office.

Last year (my first trip to Selhurst Park) given row 42, absolutely shocking everytime ball kicked in the air I was guessing where it might come down! Although it could be argued that you can see the entire pitch (just) you cannot watch the entire game as actually the ball is an important part!

This year I decided I wouldn't go cos again you cannot select your seat. However was persuaded to as this year Palace were selling "restricted" & "unrestricted" bought unrestricted believing the criteria and was given ROW42 OUTRAGEOUS, obviously not happy.

Football clubs treat fans with complete contempt. Once again, what used to be a decent view has been ruined by Skys media requirements resulting in scaffolding in the gantry area that they know will result in MANY fans suffering a massively reduced experience of "the beautiful game".

Will not be returning next season assuming we are in the same division. RANT OVER!

paul49 - 28/8/2016 10:04

Can someone explain why I ended up with an adult and a senior concession in the family section which is a small enclosed area in the back corner of block R. It was obviously not requested and no explanation was given when they were purchased from the ticket office.

I actually asked for unrestricted view tickets ,but on Thursday I had a mysterious credit to my account from AFCB of £8 .
As I ordered 4 tickets I am presuming they sent me restricted view tickets and credited me with the difference.
My tickets were also in the small family section,but on kick off we saw a block of about 50 empty seats in front of the disabled section so we moved there.

I think wherever you sit in that stand is poor because of the TV gantry on the front of the stand.
I can't believe Palace fans pay for that view week in,week out.

I didn't go because same happened last year. Shame but there are only really the first ten rows that are worth sitting in.

Neil Dawson - 28/8/2016 10:54

I didn't go because same happened last year. Shame but there are only really the first ten rows that are worth sitting in.

Sadly not Neil as we were unable to see the far corner or the touchline on the near side, hundreds of us basically watching the game on the Palace "big screen".

If we had entered the Palace half more than twice in the second half we might have seen more football but it was not to be.

Unless we play them in a cup quarter final or something I am never going back, awful facilities and view, terrible to get to, no pubs worthy of the name and in an area that can only be described as a rough Boscombe.

Yes view was shocking we were given row 47, we managed to move forward to row 43 which wasn't as bad as the picture, but worse view in all my years of supporting afcb

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 0
Pretty much the same as everyone has said..........said would not bother after last season ,but got persuaded. ...shan't bother again........mind you good trip up and back considering bank holiday weekend....trained in from Purley , straight in and back no bother

CherryBare - 28/8/2016 13:07

Yes view was shocking we were given row 47, we managed to move forward to row 43 which wasn't as bad as the picture, but worse view in all my years of supporting afcb

I had pretty much the same view at Everton last year.

CherryBare - 28/8/2016 13:07

You're lucky.

I stayed at home and watched it on tv.

You could see the whole bloody pitch.

tednphil - 28/8/2016 14:26

How can our Ticket Office be blamed for the poor views at Selhurst Park?

You can blame them when you purchase early and get given without explanation an adult and senior concession seat in what Palace laughingly call the Family Block which is tucked away in the back corner of the away allocation

The thing is last season the ticket office issued them from front to back, so this season you would assume they would do the same. So booked first day and ended up in row 49. Posted my view on here Saturday and tweeted the club.

Thanks big fatally, that explains the odd £8 refund I got on Thursday. Not happy about that as I ordered the four tickets within two hours of them going on sale so don't get why we were reallocated to the restricted view area!

Right then.

I wrote to our ticket office (who incidentally took my money for the Palace tickets) about our completely pants view at selhurst park.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, they told me that my 'restricted view' complaint was sod all to do with them and I'd have to contact Crystal Palace directly.

Rather than arguing with our ticket office, I decided that I would take their 'guidance'.

Eventually today I received a response. The long & short of it is that CPFC classify a restricted view ticket only if a 'goal is obscured'. It turns out that they couldn't give a toss if the middle 60% of the pitch cannot be seen because of a seat placed directly behind a pillar. So in their world, and with Pardew in charge & with Benteke and Wickham up front, the middle part of the pitch isn't particular relevant and doesn't need to be seen.

It also appears that the ball in the air isn't particularly important either (for those of you at the back). Those seats are unrestricted too as long as you can see both goals.

I'm rather hoping that they go down.....

;