V Levante

Thing about Brooks is, okay he might make mistakes, might be a bit lightweight some of the time but boy is he TRYING !!! I hope Eddie appreciates that. Looks like he really want's to work his way into the match day squad. Love his effort !

Thank God we've got Cook - if he can start scoring a few he will be absolute dynamite. Pleased with Brooks - we should have plenty of options attacking wise to be good enough.

As ever we need a right sides defender - gosling is a waste of time at the back. You lose his running and his passing and control under pressure isn't good enough.

Thing about Brooks is, okay he might make mistakes, might be a bit lightweight some of the time but boy is he TRYING !!! I hope Eddie appreciates that. Looks like he really want's to work his way into the match day squad. Love his effort !
I said during the Servilla game he wasn't chasing enough, looks like Eddie has told him the same. His chasing down led to Lewis scoring the winner.

I don't think he can be left out with his performance today.
My MOM today. Pugh was a waste of time again. Can't really see why Eddie has kept hold of him. Does he have a contract`?

It’s encouraging we seem to have found a genuine no 10 in Brooks. That said he still looked some way off the tactical understanding and quick instincts for the PL. it will a classic Eddie easing in process but encouraging nonetheless.

Oh and it was strange how we looked more threatening on the left first half and the right second half. Was that *really* because Pugh was a waste of space? Or was it more to do with the camera work and the lack of cameras on the far side?

Not a luxury and can still 'do a job' as they say, even if it isn't as a regular starter. A very good squad member. I'm surprised people are prepared to let go of someone can be called on when required.

One assist last season in 12 appearances (10 were a sub) . If that's doing a job then the world's gone nuts.

Eddie needs to let go.

I don't think he can be left out with his performance today.
My MOM today. Pugh was a waste of time again. Can't really see why Eddie has kept hold of him. Does he have a contract`?

I don‘t expect Brooks to be in Eddie‘s first matchday squad. We all know how Eddie operates - he‘s very cautious with our new players. The key will be to keep Brooks motivated, even when he‘s not getting a game. Brooks looks like he thinks that making a good first impression might get him in and around the matchday squad, which is quite a reasonable assumption. I just hope he isn‘t too disappointed when he finds that it wasn‘t enough. Not his fault, just the way Eddie goes about things and he just needs to be patient and keep his motivation levels high. Fingers crossed he has a good head on his shoulders and hopefully Lewis Cook will be able to reassure him that he‘s done nothing wrong and that it‘s just “normal” to be left on the sidelines for a while.

How can any fan at any time make reference to Pugh as ' a waste of space' . By all means say something like ' he seems past it' or ' he isn't good enough any more' . He would expect and respect that I imagine. But this player, who could in my reckoning, rival any in our history for class, impact, dramatic moments - deserves better than ' waste of space'! Ranks alongside McDougall and Bolton to name two.
If Eddies picks him occasionally..at least get behind him..it won't be for very much longer obviously..same with some others! Respect!!!

Weirdly, I agree with Bill two posts up. I think Pugh offers a more defensive game than some wingers we have. Useful to help switch to a more defensive mindset off the bench if we're in the lead, perhaps.

It is, however, probably fair to say that he's not going to come off the bench and single-handedly win us the match like he might have in the Champ a few years back.

Off to get my head checked now, just in case I ever agree with Bill again :silly:

Weirdly, I agree with Bill two posts up. I think Pugh offers a more defensive game than some wingers we have. Useful to help switch to a more defensive mindset off the bench if we're in the lead, perhaps.

Pugh is more of a wide midfielder than winger. He plays very narrow creating space for overlaps while also helping out the central midfielders. Because he knows his position so well, when we do play 4-4-2 we are always going to need someone of Pugh’s discipline. In other formations when we use wingers as forwards, he’s not going to be as useful

Pughs contract hasn’t been extended. Boruc got a 1 year extension that was it. Pugh nearly scored, the keeper pulled off a fantastic save.

;