VAR

The ball literally grazed his shin, he took the player out who would have still had control of the ball otherwise. I just don’t see how it isn’t a foul.

I hate VAR as much as anyone but didn't think that was a pen and Villa didn't deserve it after one of their players dived to get a Brighton player sent off. Which Villa player? Take a wild guess

I know it's egg chasing but an interesting quote from Nigel Owens, the best referee in the world in today's Guardian...

Trial by slow-motion replay, though, does concern him. “Technology has its place in the game, but it’s being used too much. They have to be very careful it’s only used as a last resort. So much of rugby is a grey area. You’ve got to use your experience, empathy and interpretation to decide whether that whistle needs to get blown or not. The way the game is going it’s becoming unreffable in a sense because every decision is being looked at. We need to get back to the referee actually reffing the game and relying less on the TMO.”

... and TMO is light years ahead of VAR...

Fulham - Liverpool - 3 minutes to check a possible penalty and whether it was offside to then send the ref over to check the screen, only for him to stick with his original decision of a corner.

No one appealed for a penalty or even thought of the possibility of one being given into the super slow mo showed it should technically be one...then he still didn’t give it.

Fulham - Liverpool - 3 minutes to check a possible penalty and whether it was offside to then send the ref over to check the screen, only for him to stick with his original decision of a corner.

No one appealed for a penalty or even thought of the possibility of one being given into the super slow mo showed it should technically be one...then he still didn’t give it.
Yes it should have been a penalty, not sure how he couldn't give it

;