Villa Forum

dj_silver

Fans' Favourite
Blimey, Villa could be in for a shock this season if the comment by Keyblade (tenth down) is anything to go by. If they think we press just wait ..... :oops: Valiant forum

Big clubitis, terrible disease, always amusing when it's a "big club" as everyone fails to realise just how much quicker and stronger this division is. I recall some little club scoring over a hundred and taking the Championship by storm, even we had a rude awakening when we got here

[QUO.TE="Tinpot Club, post: 300130, member: 3188"]It’s always fans from the Midlands which are the worst. First Stoke, then Wolves and now Villa. There does seem to be a lot of self entitlement in that part of the country.[/QUOTE]
Fickle too. They seem to turn on their teams at the first sign of adversity. That accent tells you all you need to know. "Don't talk to me about loif"

Haha a lot of them pointing out that Villa bossed the game but failing to mention that they created very few clear cut chances with what they had with the ball. Welcome to the prem, teams will take the lead and sit back and hold what they’ve got. No good having the ball for the majority of the game and doing nothing with it.

Haha a lot of them pointing out that Villa bossed the game but failing to mention that they created very few clear cut chances with what they had with the ball. Welcome to the prem, teams will take the lead and sit back and hold what they’ve got. No good having the ball for the majority of the game and doing nothing with it.
There was a time when we used take comfort from the possession stats after a defeat.....until we realised that it means nothing.

Quite a few saying they don't like how Mings has turned his back on shots and so far, cost them two goals this season. Maybe Eddie saw this too?

Quite a few saying they don't like how Mings has turned his back on shots and so far, cost them two goals this season. Maybe Eddie saw this too?
He did score a few OGs for us and a couple deflections off him too. Probably not a big enough sample to draw a conclusion but some defenders (like Dunk) do seem more unfortunate than others

Nope, I think it was against Wolves(?) when his back started playing him up again, just after we'd conceded. He will disappear in big games, which is the only thing holding him back, could easily be a huge player. I wasn't surprised when in the playoff final he suddenly found himself injured immediately after Derby pulled a goal back. Really think that some professional mental help would do him the world of good

I hate villa more than any other team. don't even have to explain why... most football fans would agree. everyone I have spoke to seems to hate villa more than any other team aswell.

In fairness when I left, a few said well done as walked past them.

It was exactly as I expected beforehand though, the fans on train on way in, thought they just had to turn up.

I was confident we would silence them, but 45 seconds was delicious

They were a decent lot on the whole. I almost got the feeling on the way back via Aston / New Street that they really don't believe that this season will be anything other than a struggle, something they are so used to.

They were talking about the quality in our team, Fraser, Wilson and King and how we soaked it up and looked so dangerous on the break. A fair reflection I would say.

Dead right about silencing them, the double whammy absolutely knocked the stuffing out of the Holte End . It might be a long season for them.

I, for one, don't think it fair to judge ANY fanbase's forum on what their forum looks like on the day of and day after a loss. All fanbases have their allotment of fans that totally meltdown and want players sold, coaches fired or worse and positively know that their own team is being picked on by the FA, league, refs and the gods.
Just have to let it blow over.

Another team have some ar5eholes that post drivel on a forum? I'd suggest you read through some of the utter carp on here before worrying about that.

Didn't chat to any Villa fans today that were over confident before, or any that were anything other than honest after.

Personally I thought they looked a good enough side to stay up IF they can sort out the final third and take some chances - it is a BIG if...

...and tremendous noise from the home fans before the game today, can't remember anything else like that since we came up. Winning and scoring a pen first minute was exactly what we needed. They get behind them like that during the game and many away sides will crumble.

;