Vitals forums intermittently offline?

canadiancherry

Star Player
Has anybody else found that this forum has been going down a LOT lately? I'd say that about half the time I click on a thread, it fails to open. Or, after trying to post something, it waits about 2 minutes and then says the page couldn't load. Usually after a few minutes, it's back up again, but it's actually making the experience so frustrating I'm considering taking a long break until they fix it - if in fact it's not my problem.
When this happens, I can still access other websites no problem, which is why I suspect it's Vitals' fault.

PS - hilarious - it crashed again while trying to post this so this is my second attempt

Sorry mate, I think it may be just you.

What is it like on other non canada based sites?

Sorry to say this as I may be teaching my grand-mère to suck oeufs, but have you tried turning your router on and off or running CC cleaner or similar?

Malwarebytes might also help if things are a bit slow.

Exactly the same problem for me for the last 24 hrs approx.but my router is old and i've ordered a new one as other problems have occured.

Interesting. It sounds like it may be "me," but that doesn't necessarily mean I can do anything about it.
I do reboot my DSL modem and router every now and then, and certainly have done so since the problem started.
Again, it only happens with this Vitals forum, and while it's happening I can still load any other website. Makes me wonder if they are cheaping out on server bandwidth and restricting IPs from outside the UK when demand is high?
Would be interested to know if any other members in US or Canada have had this. If not, I have some other problem.
btw KBG I use a Mac.
And just to clarify: it's not that things are slow; it's that 5 times out of 10 Vitals pages simply won't load at all - my browser (Chrome) keeps trying until it times out. It usually works then after that.

I've checked with the top bods at vitals and there have been no reported issues across the network.

;