Watford Match Report and MOM

Not so much a match report, just some observations, a View from Table 2 if you like : )
I've seen the slow concourse service mentioned, pity the poor Watford fans if you will. 1000s of them must have been stuck in queues for all of the second half, judging by the number of empty seats.
They have amazing Ultras, such is their faith in the team they didn't start making any noise or waving their flags until the 87th minute, hoping to inspire a remarkable 4 goals turn around.
Such a hardy bunch (not official figures, just my estimation) it took until the 73rd minute before the away fans out numbered the home spectators. Note to Republican, don't change allegiance to Watford, you'll explode.
I remember going to the first away after returning to the Championship, scoring 1st and still losing 6-1, next away was Huddersfield 5-2 and the start of the phrase " Enjoy the ride". Remarkably it's still climbing, it's only 5 or 6 more steps to the summit, oxygen is getting thin, it's going to be more difficult (maybe impossible) but I'm still looking up not down.
Harry the Hornet? He was supposed to have retired, I thought. Who ever had the suit yesterday had all his dance moves and antics. I'm not sure mascots should have full head covering, you don't know what faces they're pulling when they give you a friendly wave. They could have anything on under there, a full face crash helmet, Halloween mask or dare I say, a Burka : )

I know it's traditional at this point to give individual player marks but I'm such a tactical dullard and happy clapper, I'll give them all somewhere between 9.5 and 10, so overall for the team performance (including subs) 135-140 : )

Ps These are some of my own ramblings and observations, not criticisms of any of the fine people who put genuine effort and understanding into writing "proper" match reports : )

Not so much a match report, just some observations, a View from Table 2 if you like : )
I've seen the slow concourse service mentioned, pity the poor Watford fans if you will. 1000s of them must have been stuck in queues for all of the second half, judging by the number of empty seats.
They have amazing Ultras, such is their faith in the team they didn't start making any noise or waving their flags until the 87th minute, hoping to inspire a remarkable 4 goals turn around.
Such a hardy bunch (not official figures, just my estimation) it took until the 73rd minute before the away fans out numbered the home spectators. Note to Republican, don't change allegiance to Watford, you'll explode.
I remember going to the first away after returning to the Championship, scoring 1st and still losing 6-1, next away was Huddersfield 5-2 and the start of the phrase " Enjoy the ride". Remarkably it's still climbing, it's only 5 or 6 more steps to the summit, oxygen is getting thin, it's going to be more difficult (maybe impossible) but I'm still looking up not down.
Harry the Hornet? He was supposed to have retired, I thought. Who ever had the suit yesterday had all his dance moves and antics. I'm not sure mascots should have full head covering, you don't know what faces they're pulling when they give you a friendly wave. They could have anything on under there, a full face crash helmet, Halloween mask or dare I say, a Burka : )

I know it's traditional at this point to give individual player marks but I'm such a tactical dullard and happy clapper, I'll give them all somewhere between 9.5 and 10, so overall for the team performance (including subs) 135-140 : )

Ps These are some of my own ramblings and observations, not criticisms of any of the fine people who put genuine effort and understanding into writing "proper" match reports : )
The mascot kicked the ball at Smith when he was down after a foul,I believe

This (from Hornets Nest) is superb
"(Watford) Playing beautiful football. Tearing them to shreds. Shot after shot after shot hammering in as their lumbering desperadoes frantically threw any body part in the way to try to protect their goal.

The ball falls to Will Hughes who looses a glorious shot which was a goal every inch of the way, until two of the hulking Muffer defenders jump together, both arms raised like a pair of basketball guards and manage to punch the ball away far away down field. Although this would have been called a straightforward penalty in any game in the world, the ref pretends not to notice and sprints off downfield thinking of the retirement holiday dacha on the Black Sea he's been promised by fat Colonel Victorivich.

Astounded and stunned to momentary shocked immobility at the lack of a whistle, the Muff are able to break away into our half and get an unopposed cross in. Ben Foster makes a brilliant save, but unfortunately the unlucky bounce of the ball takes it to some horrible little blond haired kid who's standing around in the penalty area and, with our valiant and honest players grounded and unable to prevent it, he's able to slyly and sneekily tap it completely unopposed into the empty net. One of the most disgusting 'goals' I've ever witnessed."

and then "Its what makes muff such an odious scummy little team. The harassing officials, diving, rolling around faking injury, time wasting ect - all teams do it to some extent but they take it too a whole new level and did it in abundance yesterday. It all stems from that smug face git they have as manager."

"(Watford) Playing beautiful football. Tearing them to shreds. Shot after shot after shot hammering in as their lumbering desperadoes frantically threw any body part in the way to try to protect their goal.

The ball falls to Will Hughes who looses a glorious shot which was a goal every inch of the way, until two of the hulking Muffer defenders jump together, both arms raised like a pair of basketball guards and manage to punch the ball away far away down field. Although this would have been called a straightforward penalty in any game in the world, the ref pretends not to notice and sprints off downfield thinking of the retirement holiday dacha on the Black Sea he's been promised by fat Colonel Victorivich.

Astounded and stunned to momentary shocked immobility at the lack of a whistle, the Muff are able to break away into our half and get an unopposed cross in. Ben Foster makes a brilliant save, but unfortunately the unlucky bounce of the ball takes it to some horrible little blond haired kid who's standing around in the penalty area and, with our valiant and honest players grounded and unable to prevent it, he's able to slyly and sneekily tap it completely unopposed into the empty net. One of the most disgusting 'goals' I've ever witnessed."

What this cretinous oaf has failed to realise is that for them to have been awarded a penalty would require the ball to hit someone's hand, rather than their back.

Lovely, creative and original 'observations' . 10/10 More of that!

That really is hilarious!

What this cretinous oaf has failed to realise is that for them to have been awarded a penalty would require the ball to hit someone's hand, rather than their back.[/QUOTE.

The guy who wrote that is one of several Legendary Yellowbelly Bestsellers in their Hornet Nest ! Love the " some horrible little blond haired kid " reference. I'll give him that one....it actually made me laugh!
Naughty naughty little David...quite a 'some' little s##t that boy!

Last edited:
Deeney is up to his nuts in guts on Friday night's and same this morning I reckon! He's done his bit for Watford over the years..now giving his own bits some action!

;