WBA - Pubs & Travel

West Moors Cherry

Star Player
Was just wondering if anyone would suggest using the new tram which I notice runs direct from New Street to the Hawthorns? Last time I think we went from Snow Hill.

Also is it best to have drinks near New Street or nearer to the ground?

There's a direct tram from New Street? Currently planning on drinking around New Street then walking to Snow Hill and getting the train to Hawthorns.

Yes the Midland Metro new tram system that opened last year appears to start at New Street and terminates at Wolverhampton stopping at The Hawthorns. Tram is outside the station near the Shakespeare!

Runs every 8 mins and takes 15 mins to get to the Hawthorns. Just wondered if any of our midlanders had used it yet?

There's a link to it in here...

http://www.wba.co.uk/documents/wbafc-away-supporters-guide151-2575575.pdf

Also it suggests the fan zone is open to both sets of fans - hope so as on the coach so won't have many other options.

Couldn't go last year but see the fan zone was open - any reports?

Suspect the German market skewed it last year. Everyone I knew drunk there first before heading to Snow Hill.

Cant help with nearby but we're parking at Droitwich Spa, few beers and getting a train directly to Smethwick or The Hawthorns. Pre match beer in the Vine or the Royal Oak both within walking distance of the ground.

SteveJonesLegend - 22/2/2017 15:15

Anyone have any gems for parking in the vicinity of the ground...???

This company charges for parking on their forecourt, but you need to get there early as it fills up quickly. Room for about 150 / 200 cars at about £5 if I recall correctly.

There is a 'fan zone' style open air bar just next to the ground for a beer before hand.

Attachments

• IMG_2470.JPG
    IMG_2470.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 0
kirsikka - 22/2/2017 17:27

Flying over tomorrow morning... a weekend 41 years in the making. Can't wait!

Im a glad a few exiles are getting over...41 years ffs, makes Al look a regular.

Aha... by 41 years in the making I meant a life spent schlopping around plenty of lower league grounds without any realistic belief that I'd ever see us play in the top division only for things to go ballistic when I leave the country without the chance to come back just over three years ago.

Three years isn't so long and yet it was before we'd even signed Yann so a lifetime away really!

4FCB - 22/2/2017 21:15

SteveJonesLegend - 22/2/2017 15:15

Anyone have any gems for parking in the vicinity of the ground...???

This company charges for parking on their forecourt, but you need to get there early as it fills up quickly. Room for about 150 / 200 cars at about £5 if I recall correctly.

There is a 'fan zone' style open air bar just next to the ground for a beer before hand.

The factory to the immediate right of the ground in that picture also opens up their car park on a matchday as well. Wasn't aware that it was almost exclusivbely home fans though. After a LgCup match a few years ago (we were unlucky I thought, more than held our own), had an interesting walk round the stadium to get back to the car

;