WELL ASK FOR A TRANSFER THEN

Rugby red

First Team
Paul Pogba: Man Utd midfielder wants to leave Old Trafford - agent Mino Raiola.

MINGS and a dozen others at least.

I understand their right to move on but surely with all the innuendos they should be made to ask for a transfer or deemed that in these two cases they have and therefore forgo their slice of the fee

I understand their right to move on but surely with all the innuendos they should be made to ask for a transfer or deemed that in these two cases they have and therefore forgo their slice of the fee

Agreed.

No bad thing that it could unsettle our rivals, but holding a club hostage for money like that is pretty despicable.

But that’s exactly it. Players don’t really hand in transfer requests these days because their contracts are worth so much. If a player asks for a transfer they forgo/forfeit the money due to them for the remainder of their contract.

They’ll get their move in the end.

Also, you can’t deem this as official intent to leave. It’s no different than you saying to a colleague that you hate your job and want to leave (which invariably would be tragic if actually taken literally).

;