What Makes The Cherries Great? Their Goalkeepers!

Schmiegel

New Signing
Throughout the last 5 years, you cannot deny that 3 people.....Mssrs. Begovic, Ramsdale, and now Travers have uplifted our club to heights otherwise unattainable. Yes, we have had strikers and backs with periods of brilliance, but it is our wonderful, unbelievably consistent, world-class goalkeepers that have consistently saved our bacon
.th (4).jpegth (3).jpegth (2).jpeg

We were relegated with Ramsdale in goal,as were Sheffield United,what's your point?
All good keepers but I would argue Boruc was the most important,was our goalie when we went up and saw off Begovic as well in the Prem.

We were relegated with Ramsdale in goal,as were Sheffield United,what's your point?
All good keepers but I would argue Boruc was the most important,was our goalie when we went up and saw off Begovic as well in the Prem.
Duh, My point? You can't figure that out?

You're the one that put five years as your reference point so I feel beholden to point out Begovic was fucking **************** in the PL for us in that time. Top level stuff in the Championship, but that isn't why we signed him.

There has to be an immediate shift from the elitist meanderings about the elite squad from the moment we are 'officially' back to PL status.
Lerma, Cook and Solanke etcetera become just ordinary and probably slightly below average players in that league....with maybe only Travers tucked in as just above average with the likes of EH hovering around him with a nuclear powered chequebook !
We are getting promoted on the strength of early season form....so its like a mid- table team going up !
This is ONLY an Opinion and it might be completely shot to bits....by the Players during the latter months of 2022 !

Last edited:
I was thinking about this the other day. I've been watching Bournemouth since the Redknapp days and we have had so many brilliant keepers. It would make an interesting tier list video.

Ian Andrews
Marc Ovendale
I rated Niel Moss (second spell)
Jalal was brilliant for us
Allsop
Lee Camp
Boruc
Rambo
Begovic
Travers

All of the above massively improved us as a team when they came in and all were very. consistent.

David James (for some reason I can't remember how good he was for us, so I'm guessing he was decent))

I was never a massive fan of Jimmy Glass but he is a football league legend who will go down in history for his Carlisle goal.
Never rated flahaven at all (could be because he ended Jalal's fine spell with us and he wasn't an Eddie signing).

I probably forgot a few others too

There has to be an immediate shift from the elitist meanderings about the elite squad from the moment we are 'officially' back to PL status.
Lerma, Cook and Solanke etcetera become just ordinary and probably slightly below average players in that league....with maybe only Travers tucked in as just above average with the likes of EH hovering around him with a nuclear powered chequebook !
We are getting promoted on the strength of early season form....so its like a mid- table team going up !
This is ONLY an Opinion and it might be completely shot to bits....by the Players during the latter months of 2022 !
I don't think you're far off the mark with this surprisingly literate post ( by your standards).

I adored Boruc, but never felt safe!! Funny that. We have had a good run of keepers…
Was chatting to a Celtic fab at a wedding a few years back and he absolutely adored Boric. I think it was his unpredictability from the sublime to the ridiculous (on and off the pitch) that endeared him to so many. How many players could get away with telling their own fans to f off after shanking a clearance? Superb!

The way I think of it is ANY team who is promoted to the PL and doesn't strengthen or at least develop a good number of the squad to the next level is going to struggle. Therefore whether our form is mid table or we dominate like Norwich last year is largely irrelevant, the first XI would need to be different. We have the resources to be in the market so that doesn't concern me, getting over the line does.

Also I'm not convinced Parker is getting the best out of these players at the moment and I'm not convinced he would with a PL squad either, but the tactics and style of football would be different so it's possible some will shine, even some of those players from our previous stint in the PL. Too many variables to make a judgement IMHO.

Was chatting to a Celtic fab at a wedding a few years back and he absolutely adored Boric. I think it was his unpredictability from the sublime to the ridiculous (on and off the pitch) that endeared him to so many. How many players could get away with telling their own fans to f off after shanking a clearance? Superb!

Amazing character. Proper DTGAF attitude. Shame there aren't more like him tbh.

Before I read the actual post I expected to see Tommy Godwin as the first name mentioned followed by David Best and Roger Jones. Nonetheless I think Travers will go on to be a legend somewhere, unfortunately not with us though.

All good keepers but travers atm ia making some remarkable saves.blackpool and sheff utd stops were world class.

I was thinking about this the other day. I've been watching Bournemouth since the Redknapp days and we have had so many brilliant keepers. It would make an interesting tier list video.

Ian Andrews
Marc Ovendale
I rated Niel Moss (second spell)
Jalal was brilliant for us
Allsop
Lee Camp
Boruc
Rambo
Begovic
Travers

All of the above massively improved us as a team when they came in and all were very. consistent.

David James (for some reason I can't remember how good he was for us, so I'm guessing he was decent))

I was never a massive fan of Jimmy Glass but he is a football league legend who will go down in history for his Carlisle goal.
Never rated flahaven at all (could be because he ended Jalal's fine spell with us and he wasn't an Eddie signing).

I probably forgot a few others too

Phil Kite was alright.
Peyton

The way I think of it is ANY team who is promoted to the PL and doesn't strengthen or at least develop a good number of the squad to the next level is going to struggle. Therefore whether our form is mid table or we dominate like Norwich last year is largely irrelevant, the first XI would need to be different. We have the resources to be in the market so that doesn't concern me, getting over the line does.

Also I'm not convinced Parker is getting the best out of these players at the moment and I'm not convinced he would with a PL squad either, but the tactics and style of football would be different so it's possible some will shine, even some of those players from our previous stint in the PL. Too many variables to make a judgement IMHO.

Worryingly, the tactics would most likely become more negative.

It's not like Parker would all of a sudden change his mantra to all out attack.

Hopefully Demin has learnt from experience, he'll take a few quid back and hand the reigns over to a different owner.

It's clear Demin wants to pass the mantle on.

;