What Should The Capacity Of The New Stadium Be ?

It should be whatever the capacity is at Brighton plus 1 seat.

And that last seat should be broken, with a little pile of gravel and dog poo in its place, and be called the Brighton Beach Seat

Oh, and the club should join NSC just so they can post a picture of that masterpiece and rub their snide whinging faces in it.

The AFCB obsessed, stalking cockwombles will bitch about us having a new stadium anyway so we might as well feed the trolls

AFCB Lost in Brum - 10/12/2016 02:50

And that last seat should be broken, with a little pile of gravel and dog poo in its place, and be called the Brighton Beach Seat

Oh, and the club should join NSC just so they can post a picture of that masterpiece and rub their snide whinging faces in it.

The AFCB obsessed, stalking cockwombles will bitch about us having a new stadium anyway so we might as well feed the trolls

:grin:

Morning Brum.

Black coffee this morning? :hihi:

AFCB Lost in Brum - 10/12/2016 02:50

Sounds like you love Brighton as much as I do !! :hihi:

Whatever they potentially build, I think the one thing we all agree on is that it should be built with expansion in mind... I'd plum for a 20k stadium to begin with, with room for expansion up to 25 (ish) k

Regardless what we think our little town 'could' produce, our town has never been a footballing town, and never will...

The fact we're in the Prem and have Eddie etc. etc. has already taken us from 4k to 12k sell outs every week, and our away support has gone through the roof... But, could that take us to 25-30k seats at home... I don't think so...

25k would enable around 20k (ish) home fans each week... right number for choice and not too big for the doom mongers that fear us being in Lg 1 in 5 years time...

Taking into account cost. Start at 22000. With potential to go in two stages to 30000.
But it’s not my money.
Also don’t forget the council and what they’d demand.

Any Premier League club that's had it within their gift to chose the size of their stadium has almost universally selected around 33k, clubs under that are all desperately trying to expand. Clubs in Europe go for around 50k.

If Brighton can go from 6k out of a 9k capacity to selling out 22k overnight in the Championship, we can from selling out 11k to filling most of 33k in the Premier League.

Any Premier League club that's had it within their gift to chose the size of their stadium has almost universally selected around 33k, clubs under that are all desperately trying to expand. Clubs in Europe go for around 50k.

If Brighton can go from 6k out of a 9k capacity to selling out 22k overnight in the Championship, we can from selling out 11k to filling most of 33k in the Premier League.

I'm not sure about this logic. Brighton have better support than us judged on a number of metrics and for a number of reasons.

There's plenty of examples of clubs building 20k+ grounds.

I think the capacity is about right with possibility to expand to double on our current.
Imagine getting away after a game with double the number of people.
Although that could be mitigated somewhat by having nice places to hang out for an hour or so after the final whistle. I think that does have an impact on congestion before and after the game.

A lot of people might decide to make a day of it at the ground, with the match being the highlight in the middle.

If there is a decent selection of places to eat and drink in the new stadium, then those 22000 people won't all be arriving and leaving at once.

I'm not sure about this logic. Brighton have better support than us judged on a number of metrics and for a number of reasons.

There's plenty of examples of clubs building 20k+ grounds.

I bet their attendances at pre-season friendlies was huge ;)

* joke by the way, I think we've all covered that enough previously.

;