Whatever Happened To Midfielder Magic ?

davidwhitehead

Fans' Favourite
I don't know about you, but I'm really disappointed that Midfielder Magic has simply vanished into thin air

There he was, warming up nicely on the sidelines, just getting ready to take over from KK when he does his inevitable end-of-season disappearing act. Then, as soon as he was spotted, whooosh, off he went in a puff of smoke.

What a let-down !

I'm sure I wasn't alone in looking forward to several happy months over the summer playing the "Is He Or Isn't He" game : on the one side, we're all busy looking out for those giveaway clues that tell us Midfielder Magic's true identity, and on the other, there's Waz, furiously denying that there's any connection at all, claiming that all similarities in vocabulary, tone and choice of insult are purely coincidental. Hours of fun !

C'mon Waz, don't be a spoilsport, bring back Midfielder Magic, it'll give us all something to look forward to over the non-football months ahead.

I don't know about you, but I'm really disappointed that Midfielder Magic has simply vanished into thin air

There he was, warming up nicely on the sidelines, just getting ready to take over from KK when he does his inevitable end-of-season disappearing act. Then, as soon as he was spotted, whooosh, off he went in a puff of smoke.

What a let-down !

I'm sure I wasn't alone in looking forward to several happy months over the summer playing the "Is He Or Isn't He" game : on the one side, we're all busy looking out for those giveaway clues that tell us Midfielder Magic's true identity, and on the other, there's Waz, furiously denying that there's any connection at all, claiming that all similarities in vocabulary, tone and choice of insult are purely coincidental. Hours of fun !

C'mon Waz, don't be a spoilsport, bring back Midfielder Magic, it'll give us all something to look forward to over the non-football months ahead.
Add sleepy cherry to that…..I think!

What a let-down !

My goodness!- You seem to be implying there may be shape-shifters among us David, whatever next!

Tell you what- if he doesn’t reappear, why don’t you organise a sweepstake- winner (or loser) gets to be him, I don’t know we could call him Midfielder Wazzic or something, for the summer. Would give the lucky person the chance to exercise (or exorcise) those skills of melodrama and pathos that lie hidden deep within all of us,for a time at least. Surely each of us is capable of advancing opinions on every aspect of AFCB which are completely and utterly irrelevant- sorry I mean unchallengeable. What fun it would be!

Great idea !

A kind of "Stars In Their Eyes" spin-off, rebranded as "Waz In Their Eyes". Would give us all the chance to connect with our inner Waz.

"And tonight Matthew, I'm going to be...

;