What's happened to AFCB

The West Ham away game that season was awful. I think it was 4-1, we looked utterly inept. I think that was when I first believed we would go down.
If I remember right in that game though , a massive deflection for the 1st goal and a really soft penalty for the 2nd

Only getting draws from early-season fames against promoted teams.
The way in which heads dropped in the 3-0 'turnaround' at Burnley.
The defeat at Brighton ?on Boxing Day?
Watching on TV the way the players straggled off the coach into the London Stadium.
The 3-0 home defeat to Watford when the players were visibly shrugging their shoulders and laughing when things went wrong.
Norwich away - the stupid things that players in bad teams do.
And the post-Covid anticlimax. We clutched a couple of results right at the end but IMHO it was despite Eddie when the players said "let's at least have a go".

I think it’s easy to say players aren’t trying after a few bad performances. I’ve said it before but I think confidence is arguably the most important factor in the team.

What we desperately need is a good start and no stupid mistakes early in the next game. All of a sudden we could have a different side.

I think it’s easy to say players aren’t trying after a few bad performances. I’ve said it before but I think confidence is arguably the most important factor in the team.

What we desperately need is a good start and no stupid mistakes early in the next game. All of a sudden we could have a different side.

It always amazes me that this is used as a reason for poor results and the stats come out there's no less mileage, no fewer sprints, no real evidence of a drop in workload.

It always amazes me that this is used as a reason for poor results and the stats come out there's no less mileage, no fewer sprints, no real evidence of a drop in workload.

It's always the same when results are going badly. Everything about the club is questioned and declared to be sh*t.

Losing games?

The manager is sh*t, all the players are sh*t, the medical staff are sh*t, the board are sh*t, the owner is sh*t....

Only getting draws from early-season fames against promoted teams.
The way in which heads dropped in the 3-0 'turnaround' at Burnley.
The defeat at Brighton ?on Boxing Day?
Watching on TV the way the players straggled off the coach into the London Stadium.
The 3-0 home defeat to Watford when the players were visibly shrugging their shoulders and laughing when things went wrong.
Norwich away - the stupid things that players in bad teams do.
And the post-Covid anticlimax. We clutched a couple of results right at the end but IMHO it was despite Eddie when the players said "let's at least have a go".
When we won 4-1 v Leicester at home I remembered the TV cameras panning up to some of the players who were out of the team at the time , due to injuries or just dropped and they all had faces as long as Southend pier . No one looked happy that we were winning , they seemed totally disinterested.

So much of it is confidence - in themselves but also , do they have confidence in the organisation and tactics ?
Tom on BOTN made a good point about the fact that when we get the ball to Dom he looks totally isolated with no support - yet when the opposition attack our defence is exposed with no one in front of them so “ where are all our players? “

A lack of organisation and/or understanding of what the tactics are leads to low confidence..

So much of it is confidence - in themselves but also , do they have confidence in the organisation and tactics ?
Tom on BOTN made a good point about the fact that when we get the ball to Dom he looks totally isolated with no support - yet when the opposition attack our defence is exposed with no one in front of them so “ where are all our players? “

A lack of organisation and/or understanding of what the tactics are leads to low confidence..
Sometimes when I play Fifa there are 6 opposition players in my box or my winger's run half the length of the pitch to cross only to find the rest of the team are still on the halfway line and I think "well that would never happen" then I watch Afcb and I think "oh right".

;