Whats more tedious

I agree .....why boo the performances now.......they are not a lot different to what they've been all season.
Maybe they are just sick of pretending that what we're watching is anything other than garbage.

This is what I don't get. We were all over them in that first half, moved the ball quickly, push and probed and caused them loads of problems creating plenty of chances. It was good entertainment. We lost it but that isn't supposed to matter, yet they got booed off.

I don't get what people think they are entitled to here.

Everything the crowd bemoaned at the last home game was put right. Quicker out of the back four, more direct, shots from distance, more dribbles.

Just a shame it came at the expense of actual build play and link play.

So, so frustrating. We were clearly so much better than them, but confidence has gone through the floor and that’s despite a run of results.

Everything?

I pay to support my football team
You can support your team without having or even being able to watch but at the price they charge for tickets you should be able to expect to be entertained or at least excited. If these prima donnas need a crowd shouting and singing for them when they are dire they should pay you to turn up. Bring in their own rent a crowd.

This is what I don't get. We were all over them in that first half, moved the ball quickly, push and probed and caused them loads of problems creating plenty of chances. It was good entertainment. We lost it but that isn't supposed to matter, yet they got booed off.
You must've watched it from a different part of the ground to me.

a few cretins near me shouting at kelly to launch it
he eventually did..........into the crowd
what did they fcuking expect?

if anyone thinks getting on the players backs has any positive impact on their performance, they are very wrong

tonight, some of our fans were embarrassing
I agree that getting on the players backs and booing during the game will serve no immediate positive purpose on the pitch.

However, the argument to be made is that if the fans are not making their feelings known then nothing is going to change. It’s normally the way it goes when managers lose their job, the crowd will turn first and then those at the top will start to listen and take notice.

(I didn’t boo during the game btw)

I don't get what people think they are entitled to here.
Lol i need to get a new tv!
Season ticket holders are not booing our results......so what do you they are booing.

When you are commenting on the attitudes of others then yes, you do need to be told.

I wasn't commenting on the attitude of others I was commenting on the actions of others. Actions that make it less likely that my team will win. My point is that however legitimate your feelings are there is no justification for booing and jeering during the game.

….sorry but there is no point going up under Parker as we will be destroyed with our current lot in The PL…so as a supporter I stand behind the club as always…but jeez we are so mediocre and it looks like Parker has coached the spirit of attack and flair out of the players over the season…Zemura,Anthony and Stacey are examples of this…

Lol i need to get a new tv!
Season ticket holders are not booing our results......so what do you they are booing.

There is no way that that first half performance warranted booing. Perhaps I'm easily pleased but they played well enough, Lewis Cook especially. This is what I mean by the cat being out of the bag. These people are going to boo everything that doesn't go our way from now on in. The second half they played with the weight of the world on their shoulders.

….sorry but there is no point going up under Parker as we will be destroyed with our current lot in The PL…so as a supporter I stand behind the club as always…but jeez we are so mediocre and it looks like Parker has coached the spirit of attack and flair out of the players over the season…Zemura,Anthony and Stacey are examples of this…
The decline of Stacy is incredible.

Very few people booed. The crowd tried to get something going several times but the players show no energy or enthusiasm. Nothing to get excited about. Where is the commitment of Arter, Fletch or similar. There is no in in that pitch who looked like they were giving their all.

I don’t boo, but I can’t think too harshly of those that did. The team has been a shambles for some time. It’s down to Parker. If we’re as poor Saturday the expect some Parker out chants.

a few cretins near me shouting at kelly to launch it
he eventually did..........into the crowd
what did they fcuking expect?

if anyone thinks getting on the players backs has any positive impact on their performance, they are very wrong

tonight, some of our fans were embarrassing

Funny how people think that booing a team that looks nervous at HT will encourage a less nervous second performance. Sums up our fan base at the moment. No wonder the side seems more comfortable away.

For what it’s worth, I thought we were good until they scored their goal… and for whatever reason we seemed to be a bit she’ll shocked by it… Up until that point, we moved the ball quick… we created chance after chance and at the point of 0-0 it looked like there was only one team in it… Their goal was down to a moment of sloppiness and massively against the run of play… The half as a whole didn’t deserve the response it got…

The problem we had second half was not capitalising on the period after we scored… The team had got the crowd onside, we looked like we’d go on and score more… for about 10 minutes and then the game just faded out and the more we tried the more things just didn’t work… The late subs, I’ll admit we’re baffling…

Their are some individuals that need to take long hard looks at themselves and come out with more on Saturday, but it’s football… P’Boro set their stall out from the first minute and fair play to them… they didn’t come here to sit deep for 90 mins like we expected… when they broke they looked lively and did cause us the odd issue… We should have dealt with it better…

The reality is again though that those who are determined to believe we’re awful and that Parker needs to go only remember the last 10 mins of the first half, and then focus on what went wrong in the second… But for large parts of the first and bits of the second… we were not as bad as some on here like to make out… We were frustrating yes, but I didn’t think the players deserved what they got… Especially when walking towards the NS… It’s really going to make them want to come out and play on Saturday in front of us…

And if anyone thinks that the club are going to sack Parker when we’re second in the Championship… We’d be the laughing stock of the EFL… Entitlement in its extreme…

We haven't got over relegation have we ?
Or the exit of EH.
This is where the problem sits.

Shades of when Busby left Man Utd.

If the fans don't get behind the team...Support....then this team is going further off the tracks and down the league.

This is most definitely a 'prawn sandwich' thing....far removed from 'cloth cap and fags'

Absolutely the crowd. First time I can remember thinking that the crowd don't deserve a successful side. The cats out of the bag now and these people are going to shout and ball whenever things don't go their way because apparently they think they deserve a successful side.

I remember laughing at fanbases that would get all bent out of shape 20 minutes into a match if they weren't winning and then enjoyed the schadenfreude with their results as they inevitably underperformed for years.

I now share a stadium with one of those fan bases.

Last year we were 7th with no games in hand at this point of the season and everyone was creaming themselves over Woodgate because he said was having Chinese food and fizz after a win.

Last edited:
For what it’s worth, I thought we were good until they scored their goal… and for whatever reason we seemed to be a bit she’ll shocked by it… Up until that point, we moved the ball quick… we created chance after chance and at the point of 0-0 it looked like there was only one team in it… Their goal was down to a moment of sloppiness and massively against the run of play… The half as a whole didn’t deserve the response it got…

The problem we had second half was not capitalising on the period after we scored… The team had got the crowd onside, we looked like we’d go on and score more… for about 10 minutes and then the game just faded out and the more we tried the more things just didn’t work… The late subs, I’ll admit we’re baffling…

Their are some individuals that need to take long hard looks at themselves and come out with more on Saturday, but it’s football…

This has been the problem time and time again. We only play well in spells and then seem to run out of ideas, inspiration and bravery on the ball. We did it twice yesterday and in almost every game this year. The match summariser on 5 Live said that we often just run out of steam.

The last 10mins should have been an absolute seige on their goal as opposed to a flurry of overhit passes, miscontrol and bad crosses.

It feels like both a mentality/leadership issue on the pitch but also an inability for Parker to do something to snap us out of the lulls. Subs last night were way too late. How did Stacy stay on the pitch so long? Why was Lowe introduced so late?

We are incredibly still in a very strong league position despite playing badly for months but we are sleepwalking in to the playoffs. If any team below us puts a run together, we're done. Our run in is tough and I've lost faith that Parker can navigate it. I just don't think he's the right manager to get the maximum out of this group of players.

We haven't got over relegation have we ?
Or the exit of EH.
This is where the problem sits.

Probably one of the most astute thing you've posted.

"Eddie Howe lost the plot" and "We have the best squad in the league" are long built and strongly held beliefs since the relegation season. I use belief deliberately because they're at best subjective at worst fallacy.

In order to justify these beliefs it must be the manager who even having us on course for automatic promotion must be faulty because we don't win every game 4-0

;